Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

squeaky breaks

Options
  • 17-12-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

alright lads/ladies
    i got a new trax bike today in halfords and got them to assemble it for me.
    the front break is terribly loud no matter how soft i use it it just lets out a loud screech, is there any way of fixing this or should it go away by itself.
    its just that the noise goes threw my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

You bought it in Halfords, thats the problem, bring it back and remind them how SH**E their bike building and adjusting really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nothing to do with building quality :rolleyes: the pads haven't bedded in, I always found giving them a key with some rough sandpaper would kill the squeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You bought it in Halfords, thats the problem, bring it back and remind them how SH**E their bike building and adjusting really is.

i ordered it for my birthday, which was the 2nd of November, and was told i could collect it today.
    disgraceful service to be honest. the first two fellas didnt even order it.
    never had service as bad before.
    its only a bike for getting me in and out of college so it wasnt huge money but still the noise would drive me maddd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you adjust the pads so they're nearer the rim at the front thot should kill the squeal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

cdaly_ wrote: »
    If you adjust the pads so they're nearer the rim at the front thot should kill the squeal
    +1

• Advertisement
Advertisement