Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer wanted - Waterford city

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Drummer wanted in Waterford for new originals band with 2 other professional musicians(guitarist and bassist).

Must be of a pro standard and be able to converse musically on a pro level.

Style of music will be mostly rock but liable to encompass any other genre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rodneypearl

dermo909 wrote: »
    Drummer wanted in Waterford for new originals band with 2 other professional musicians(guitarist and bassist).

Must be of a pro standard and be able to converse musically on a pro level.

Style of music will be mostly rock but liable to encompass any other genre.

I am interested,I am a seasoned drummer 36 years old, have you gigs and material lined up for this band , have you gigged yourself ever

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Howdy!

Regarding the gig situation I've played hundreds of gigs in the last 10yrs both in dublin and waterford and the bass player has played the same amount. We're both in busy covers bands in the south east looking to branch out and write some originals.
    We're both pro musicians and not just aspiring musicians!

Currently writing songs and will be looking to get gigs once up and running.

:confused:Is it not gonna get messy when you have a busy covers band, what will be the preference band, Ive seen all this before with people trying to juggle bands , I tried it myself when I lived in galway.

????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Since we both make our living playing covers those bands will have to take preference initially. Especially since paid gigs for originals bands are few and far between.

The plan is to write a set first and then gig it.

Are you playing in any bands at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement