Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance Training

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi does anyone know where the best place to do a part time emt course is? I know the voluntaries do them but as far as i know you have to be with them a long time. I was planning on doing one a while ago in the school in the phoenix park but i didn't have the money at the time and their not doing the course now. I know their is a few different private companies but i dont know anyone that went to any of them so dont know what is the best option. I would like it to be full time as i do not want to leave my job yet. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan Theman

i meant i would NOT like it to be full time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

thanks civdef i had a look at that chart but i wanted to know if anyone had any experience with any of the training companies? I was just hoping for some info on one company versus the other if youget me. If you have any information at all that'd be great. Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

dont think we would be allowed to discuss the various companies in the public domain.

What i can say is, they are all phecc accredited on that list, so they all meet the standard needed, which means they should all be as good as each other. Pick the one closest to where you live for ease of transport.

I live in dublin

• Advertisement

i suggest, ring around them all, ask their pass rate for their last few classes that went for nq-emt examinations and base your decision on that.

as i said, on paper they should all be as good as each other, seen as they are phecc accredited.

If you do have any info on the particular companeys and we cant discuss it can you send me a private message. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Dan Theman wrote: »
    i do not want to leave my job yet.

Ask around if you think you might get a job, I think they are limited... Also without working for someone like a vol or private company you can do very little.

went with the cheapest one in the end. they were the only one with an ambulance servise too so it means placements wont be a problem a friend of a friend told me placements were a big problem with too of the other places. happy with my choice they sound very good starting tomorro can"t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Out of interest whats the price their charging for the course now?

• Advertisement

Dan Theman wrote: »
    went with the cheapest one in the end it's run near griffith avenue by a company based in ranela. they were the only one with an ambulance servise too so it means placements wont be a problem a friend of a friend told me placements were a big problem with too of the other places. happy with my choice they sound very good starting tomorro can"t wait!

good choice, ive heard its one of the better ones

2300 including the phecc exam at the end. others were at least 2500 and none include phecc exam (100) in their price. had my first day their today exhausted now a lot to take in but the instructers were gud. more patience then i"d have haha looking fourward to the rest of the course! also heard they employed some students from there past classes after the exams so fingers crossed! Anyway better go study ! :)

Advertisement