Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuel Stove- External Air

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Morning all,

I'm looking to put in a pretty big solid fuel stove - like an Aarrow Stratford Tf90b or something similar.

Can anyone tell me if these big stoves take their air from outside or from the room. The room I intend on having the stove in is a little small and I'm concerned about drafts into the room or the stove pulling all the air out of the room to feed the fire.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
    Greg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Boumticlad wrote: »
    Morning all,

I'm looking to put in a pretty big solid fuel stove - like an Aarrow Stratford Tf90b or something similar.

Can anyone tell me if these big stoves take their air from outside or from the room. The room I intend on having the stove in is a little small and I'm concerned about drafts into the room or the stove pulling all the air out of the room to feed the fire.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
    Greg

No point in having a huge big stove in a small room.

Buy a stove that is small enough not to overpower the room itself but will heat the room size/house effiecently.

Its like you would do when chosing the right rad size to the room size.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

just been reading this..

http://woodheat.org/outdoorair/outdoorairmyth.htm

i think it makes good sense!

Advertisement