Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

england cricket shirt in ireland

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of a sports store that would sell any england cricket shirts in rep. of ireland as I need one if possible for a christmas pressie

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Theres not even that many sport shops in England sell them, so you might be out of luck. I would think online would be best bet but obviously no good for Christmas. You could try requestin on Bargain Alert Requests, some savvy shopper may know better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I have seen England shirts in Elverys in Dundrum and I think Suffolk St.

Mad that an England shirt is easier to buy in Ireland than England. I was in England in August, tried every sportshop in two different towns and NONE had this seasons shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Mad that an England shirt is easier to buy in Ireland than England. I was in England in August, tried every sportshop in two different towns and NONE had this seasons shirt.
    Not mad at all.
    Little demand for that shirt in Ireland while in England, the opposite so its sold out.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Not mad at all.
    Little demand for that shirt in Ireland while in England, the opposite so its sold out.

Ah, I see, I just presumed (silly of me) that when a shop sells out of something, they might just go ahead and order some more stock.

• Advertisement

Were you in a crickety area?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Were you in a crickety area?

Well it has a county team, albeit an abysmal one! Northants shop dont even have a stock of their own shirts in the club shop so I suppose its not surprising the town dont stock or sold out of England shirts. If I wanted a Manchester United shirt there would be no problem.

They are hardly a minor county though....

d'Oracle wrote: »
    They are hardly a minor county though....

No, not at all, just minor in the local psyche and administration.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was in London last month and got myself one :cool: Though even Lord's were only selling the ODI shirt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Ah, I see, I just presumed (silly of me) that when a shop sells out of something, they might just go ahead and order some more stock.
    You're presuming that this gear is either available or made year round. It isn't.
    You're ignoring that a) it is currently outside season and b) this is the time of year that seasonal apparel (eg. cricket 'home' supporters merchandise) would be made for a European market.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I didnt find it hard to get one in England at all; almost every sports shop I was in in Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham had the ODI shirt and most of them the test shirt as well.

Elvereys occasionally have the England shirt but other than that Id say there is little chance of getting one over here. Maybe Lion Sports up north?

Oh and Im still wearing my England shirt from the 99 World Cup :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

djimi wrote: »
    Oh and Im still wearing my England shirt from the 99 World Cup :cool:

I still have my South Africa shirt from that World Cup. Mind you, it's shrunk quite a bit since I bought it... :D

Mine still fits me amazingly considering Im probably twice the size I was when I was 16!

Advertisement