Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dwarf appreciation

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Ok folks its that time of year again. Its the panto season. I would like to give a big tumbs up to all the dwarfs, who entertain us. Its alot of pressure remembering lines and getting to venues. My buddy John or little John as he is know is one such guy. He loves this time of year as he is so busy. John is a great worker as he does odd jobs for the boys down the pub. Window cleaning, hoovering, cuttting the grass, making the tea , going to the bookies, going to the shop, walking the dog, running the bath, answering the phone. No job is to big or small, and he goes down a treat at kids parties. Throw him on the bouncy castle and the fun starts. He has dressed up as an elf, hobbit, basketball player and nothing is to much trouble. What i am saying folks are these guys a great fun. When you see them give them a high five or a low one.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

high 5's all round for the little guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

They're only good for kicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

godscop wrote: »
    Ok folks its that time of year again. Its the panto season. I would like to give a big tumbs up to all the dwarfs, who entertain us. Its alot of pressure remembering lines and getting to venues. My buddy John or little John as he is know is one such guy. He loves this time of year as he is so busy. John is a great worker as he does odd jobs for the boys down the pub. Window cleaning, hoovering, cuttting the grass, making the tea , going to the bookies, going to the shop, walking the dog, running the bath, answering the phone. No job is to big or small, and he goes down a treat at kids parties. Throw him on the bouncy castle and the fun starts. He has dressed up as an elf, hobbit, basketball player and nothing is to much trouble. What i am saying folks are these guys a great fun. When you see them give them a high five or a low one.

But Little John was really really tall, thus making the nickname that bit more comedically appropriate. You're just emphasising that your mate is small. Tsk tsk tsk.

I thought they wanted to be called "little people", not dwarves or midgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Short people give me the creeps never mind fúcking dwarves. Anyone who isn't a minimum height by eighteen should be taken out and shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's great that they can get so many acting gigs at Xmas as I can only imagine year round work is in short supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Nevore wrote: »
    Short people give me the creeps never mind fúcking dwarves. Anyone who isn't a minimum height by eighteen should be taken out and shot.

What minimum height? I'm only 5'6... just need to know in case you ever seize power ao I can buy stilts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what the hell is this thread about?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

chin_grin wrote: »
    But Little John was really really tall, thus making the nickname that bit more comedically appropriate. You're just emphasising that your mate is small. Tsk tsk tsk.

I thought they wanted to be called "little people", not dwarves or midgets.

John doesnt mind what the boys call him. Its usually little ****..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What minimum height? I'm only 5'6... just need to know in case you ever seize power ao I can buy stilts :pac:

http://gilbz.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/haha.jpg

I once was a semi-professional midget tosser, but I had to quit when it gave me RSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

there'll be a "made his magnificence, the king, laugh a few times on boards" clause so you'll be ok.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

orourkeda wrote: »

Can't see the link, someone tall is standing in front of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My wife had a colleague one that actually had a phobia about them. She'd have hysterics when she saw one.

stovelid wrote: »
    My wife had a colleague one that actually had a phobia about them. She'd have hysterics when she saw one.

Poor you. Unable to watch, at least, 90% of any/all Christmas movies so. Although you're left in the amazing position of watching the Die Hards (1 + 2) and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Scrooged...........Actually no, not Scrooged. There are 'little people' in that too.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Poor you. Unable to watch, at least, 90% of any/all Christmas movies so. Although you're left in the amazing position of watching the Die Hards (1 + 2) and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Scrooged...........Actually no, not Scrooged. There are 'little people' in that too.

Not to mention the sterling work of Kenny Baker as R2D2 in the Star Wars movies. CGI R2 for certain sections of the prequels just wasn't the same.

bonerm wrote: »
    Not to mention the sterling work of Kenny Baker as R2D2 in the Star Wars movies. CGI R2 for certain sections of the prequels just wasn't the same.

And Willow! :eek:

Gimli wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

There's a a bar down the road from me where you can pay about 30 euro to do some dwarf/midget throwing. Apparently they wrap the poor f**ker in velrco and you throw him onto some cushioned platform. I'm very tempted to go in and try it but morally, I can't bring myself to do it.

Same place advertises midget sumo wrestling.

Asians are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

There's a a bar down the road from me where you can pay about 30 euro to do some dwarf/midget throwing. Apparently they wrap the poor f**ker in velrco and you throw him onto some cushioned platform. I'm very tempted to go in and try it but morally, I can't bring myself to do it.

Asians are crazy though.
    That would be great. They are up for anything, great sports. A guy i worked with shagged a dwarf. True story. He said she was amazing ! :eek:

Same place advertises midget sumo wrestling.

Asians are crazy.

Looks like fun!

bonerm wrote: »

Oh THAT's Midget Tossing...............rrrrrright. Get you now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i worked in oone of the biggest irish theatres for a few years. the panto one year was snow white and the 7 dwarves. 11 dwarves came over from the UK to be in it and they were some of the craziest b'astards you were every likely to meet. you name it they did it. feeling up women constantly, drinking like lunatics for 2 months solid, drugs, fighting and general mayhem

i wasn't surprised to hear those stores about the mental dwarves in the wizard of oz after that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

godscop wrote: »
    Ok folks its that time of year again. Its the panto season.

Oh no it isn't !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Oh no it isn't !
    oh yes it............. i hate the panto

Advertisement