Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Ear plugs??

Options
  • 17-12-2010 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Does anybody here have any information on good places in Dublin, or wider Europe to get custom ear plug attenuators?

I've studied sound engineering, and should know better to take care of my hearing, but I go to loads of gigs, and never use ear plugs, even when gigging and rehearsing with the band, so no doubt I've done a lot of damage already, but don't want to do anymore!

I've read it's best to get ear impressions done separately and shop around for best price??

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Hearing Healthcare on Capel Street:

http://www.hearing.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

bonovox (abbey st - just off oconnell st).... they take a mould of your ear and make a custom set of pro silcone plugs ...have a pair ...cost around 100euro....well worth it .....protects your hearing way more than any foam plugs etc....which just muffle high volume....rather than reduce it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Cool, I'll check those places out, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I went to Frank Cass & Sons 014921506. They seem to be very popular and they supply the ER-15 earplugs

The service is great so I'd recommend going there. It cost me €225 i think, that included hearing test, moulds, and the ear plugs. Well worth it.

Advertisement