Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Job Still Owes Me Money

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Roughly six months ago I was docked two days sick pay, when I had only taken one during that pay period (4 weeks). I was away at the time and immediately e-mailed my boss asking why it had happened and to please get it resolved. He said it was done, and I'd be paid extra next period.
    Next period - nothing, so I speak to the Admin who says it will be sorted next period.
    Next period - nothing, I call HR and Payroll directly, I'm told it will be sorted next period.
    Now I've left the buisness and have started a new job, but I'm still short the money. Next time pay day comes around and there's nothing, I ring payroll again. She's very sorry and will get it sorted.
    Again it's not sorted, so I email the managing director. I explain the whole situation - I write in as calm and concise as possible, explaining everything in detail. I was not snappy or rude or demanding. A few days later he emails me and says that as far as he knows payroll have been back on to me and it's now resolved. Except that payroll never contacted me once.

Finally another month has passed and I'm still out of pocket, I don't know where to go next to get the money. I could live without it, but it's mine, I gave enough of my own free time and effort to that company for years without much of a thank you so I'm not willing to let them have this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Complain to the Rights Commissioner.

Advertisement