Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bike...hybrid red campagnolo bike!!!

Options
  • 16-12-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    had my bike stolen on parnell st. 14/12/10 outside aldi. I have no pic of the bike but the one i found below looks very similar to it (ie frame shape and colour). the bike is pretty distinctive its a campagnolo make with a red frame and black forks. I removed the race handle bars and replaced them with a straight bar and shimano brake/shifter combo, the left shifter is slightly damaged after a fall also.
    If anybody comes across it please email (or i can pm mobile), also if anyone knows were would be best to start look, other then the bottom of the liffey it would be much appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

sdf wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    had my bike stolen on parnell st. 14/12/10 outside aldi. I have no pic of the bike but the one i found below looks very similar to it (ie frame shape and colour). the bike is pretty distinctive its a campagnolo make with a red frame and black forks. I removed the race handle bars and replaced them with a straight bar and shimano brake/shifter combo, the left shifter is slightly damaged after a fall also.
    If anybody comes across it please email (or i can pm mobile), also if anyone knows were would be best to start look, other then the bottom of the liffey it would be much appreciated.
    thanks.

The one in the picture looks like a carerra.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

I'm very sorry to hear that.
    Just out of curiosity: did you go shopping in Aldi and it was stolen while parked outside? Was it during the day? What kind of lock were you using?
    Sorry about all these questions but I usually park my bike outside Aldi as well when I go shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sdf

wasn't in aldi itself but in ilac, i figured if i left it outside aldi it might have been safer with people walkn in and out! the lock could have been better but was using it for over a year so stuck with it, cant remember the brand but it was a mid-level cable lock (nxt one will be an expensive ulock). it was also during the day 2pm.
    still waiting on guard to file the report since last tue so dont even know if by some slim chance it was turned in, very frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

wasn't in aldi itself but in ilac, i figured if i left it outside aldi it might have been safer with people walkn in and out! the lock could have been better but was using it for over a year so stuck with it, cant remember the brand but it was a mid-level cable lock (nxt one will be an expensive ulock). it was also during the day 2pm.
    still waiting on guard to file the report since last tue so dont even know if by some slim chance it was turned in, very frustrating!!

It's worth noting that cable locks aren't any good as a main lock. Use them really in conjunction with a good d lock. Kryptonite evolution is a good one. Sorry about the bike. I had two go so I know how it feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Quite scary that it was done in broad daylight and that they can force a lock going unnoticed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Some cable locks can be forced open by repeatedly yanking the bike forward. Doesn't draw too much attention and it can be done in under ten seconds or so. There's some footage on youtube of some of Dublin's petty criminals doing this, but I don't have the link.

Advertisement