Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbs for anxiety

Options
  • 16-12-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Any recommendations, suffering from generalized anxiety and panic attacks for a year now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

KavaKava (may be still not available any more in Ireland)
    Chamomile (totally safe for anyone)
    Valerian/Hops Tinctures for night time
    St Johns Wort

Always check with a professional before taking anything herbal, if you have high blood pressure/heart condition etc, or are on certain medications then some herbs may not be safe for you to take.

Edited to add, aromatherapy could help a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Found recently that Chamomile (2 cups a day) and the Kalms sweets work a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Ganjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Chamomile is wonderfully calming. Bergamot is good for anxiety and Lavender excellent for helping you sleep.
    For women, geranium is good for maintaining a good hormonal equilibrium, especially around pms time. Hope that helps.

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/perfect-tea/

I had trouble sleeping for a long time, but their bedtime tea is one of the few things that could help me. They have a few relaxing/stress relieving teas. Nourish shops stock them, and I've seen some of their teas in supermarkets. If you can get to a Nourish shop, maybe just look around the teas for something you think might suit you. For marketing reasons, most herbal teas are labelled according to their purpose rather than what they're made of, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one that suits you. I find taking herbs in tea form relaxing no matter what the herbal properties are, so maybe try just taking your time over brewing it. Also, very often the smell is important, so while you're waiting for it to cool down a bit, hold it up nearer your face rather than putting it down on a table. Have fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

You might also think about taking Omega 3/Omega 6 fish oil combinations such as Efalex. They generally assist brain function, and in the US are often prescribed for people suffering from depression. Need to be taking them for a month or two to get any effect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 point7

Bach's Rescue Remedy http://www.rescueremedy.com/

really does help X

Advertisement