Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tackiest Christmas Sweaters :)

Options
  • 16-12-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello all. Seasons Greetings!

Just a quick question. I appologise if this has been already posted, but i was just wondering where the best place to purchase a really tacky style of christmas sweater/jumper might be? (the older and tackier, the better)

sweatercheryl.jpg&t=1
    Presto!

I have looked through some charity shops in town (I live in Dublin), however have not come across any yet :(

Any ideas on where i might find some? I have heard Urban Outfitters might have something along the lines, but can anyone confirm? Thank you so much in advance :)

Does not really matter Price-wise.

Best regards, Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Cobbe354 wrote: »
    Does not really matter Price-wise.

I'll sell you mine for €100 ;)

jumperf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I bought mine 3 yrs ago and almost time to blow the dust off it and reveal it to the world once more !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

season greatings
    i know it early but
    where to buy a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllll tacky christmas sweaters
    dosent have to be now but , around christmas where could i buy 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'll be selling my jumber (see post above) this year. Will probably put it on eBay.

Terrible jumper bonanza on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

^ they seem a little tame tbh (no offence intended!)
    Could be worn not at Christmas :)
    My dad has some class year round jumpers (non Christmassy)

Must have a nosey though for some!

Came across this

star-pants wrote: »
    ^ they seem a little tame tbh (no offence intended!)
    Could be worn not at Christmas :)
    My dad has some class year round jumpers (non Christmassy)

Must have a nosey though for some!

Came across this
    No offence taken o all powerful magnificent one! :) The same jumpers were being sold by gammychristmasjumpers.com last year. I think those robbers were charging €50 a pop. :D I still think if you bought a few now and put them on eBay the week before Christmas you'd double your money. They're pretty awful though (especially the red and blue one!) but you're right there are worse around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Some tacky one's here: http://www.skedouche.com/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Check out www.FunkyChristmasJumpers.com , not sure when they get their new stock in though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

My mate's birthday is a few days before christmas so last year he decided to have christmas jumper party for it.

Rather than spend a fortune i went into tesco & bought a plain red jumper, a massive christmas stocking, packet of cheapo tree decoration balls, & a load of sweets. Girlfriend sewed the stocking to the front of the jumper, we stuck 5 or 6 of the balls on with safety pins, filled the stocking with sweets to give out at the pub & away we went. :cool: :pac:

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    My mate's birthday is a few days before christmas so last year he decided to have christmas jumper party for it.

Rather than spend a fortune i went into tesco & bought a plain red jumper, a massive christmas stocking, packet of cheapo tree decoration balls, & a load of sweets. Girlfriend sewed the stocking to the front of the jumper, we stuck 5 or 6 of the balls on with safety pins, filled the stocking with sweets to give out at the pub & away we went. :cool: :pac:
    have to say it to you, good idea

turbo wrote: »
    Check out www.FunkyChristmasJumpers.com , not sure when they get their new stock in though
    late October says their fb page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

bpb101 wrote: »
    have to say it to you, good idea

I'm sure the bottle of whiskey i won was because of how class it was too....& not because i bribed everyone with sweets. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

bpb101 wrote: »
    late October says their fb page

Cheers, looking forward to it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

There are mens wooly jumpers in New Look.

Proper Fair Isle patterned type ones.

Anyone know where to get girl versions of these??

Or any mens or women's in penneys??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amdublin wrote: »
    There are mens wooly jumpers in New Look.

Proper Fair Isle patterned type ones.

Anyone know where to get girl versions of these??

Or any mens or women's in penneys??

Can't say for def for this year, but I tried Penneys and Heatons for a men's one last year and neither had any!!

Advertisement