Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Bowl Roster - Fan Vote

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

4 days left in the Fan Voting, here are the leading vote-getters by position :

AFC
    Patriots QB Brady
    Texans running back Arian Foster
    Ravens fullback Le’Ron McClain
    Texans receiver Andre Johnson
    Chargers tight end Antonio Gates
    Bengals tackle Andrew Whitworth
    Browns guard Eric Steinbach
    Colts center Jeff Saturday

Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney
    Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata
    Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison
    Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis
    Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha
    Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu
    Ravens free safety Ed Reed

Raiders punter Shane Lechler
    Steelers special-teamer Keyaron Fox
    Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski
    Browns kick returner Joshua Cribbs

NFC
    Eagles QB Vick
    Vikings running back Adrian Peterson
    Saints fullback Heath Evans
    Falcons receiver Roddy White
    Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez
    Packers tackle Chad Clifton
    Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson
    Giants center Shaun O’Hara

Bears defensive end Julius Peppers
    Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh
    Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews
    Bears inside linebacker Brian Urlacher
    Packers cornerback Charles Woodson
    Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry
    Giants free safety Antrel Rolle

Cardinals punter Ben Graham
    Vikings special-teamer Heath Farwell
    Eagles kicker David Akers
    Bears kick returner Devin Hester

Some ridiculous choices in there, but hey its the fan vote. So who do you think is unfairly left out?

For me, it's Patriots Linebacker Mayo and Patiots Corner McCourty. I think Patriots Tackle Wilfork should go as second team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Hazys wrote: »
    4 days left in the Fan Voting, here are the leading vote-getters by position :

AFC
    Patriots QB Brady
    Texans running back Arian Foster
    Ravens fullback Le’Ron McClain
    Texans receiver Andre Johnson
    Chargers tight end Antonio Gates
    Bengals tackle Andrew Whitworth
    Browns guard Eric Steinbach
    Colts center Jeff Saturday

Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney
    Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata
    Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison
    Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis
    Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha
    Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu
    Ravens free safety Ed Reed

Raiders punter Shane Lechler
    Steelers special-teamer Keyaron Fox
    Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski
    Browns kick returner Joshua Cribbs

NFC
    Eagles QB Vick
    Vikings running back Adrian Peterson
    Saints fullback Heath Evans
    Falcons receiver Roddy White
    Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez
    Packers tackle Chad Clifton
    Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson
    Giants center Shaun O’Hara

Bears defensive end Julius Peppers
    Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh
    Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews
    Bears inside linebacker Brian Urlacher
    Packers cornerback Charles Woodson
    Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry
    Giants free safety Antrel Rolle

Cardinals punter Ben Graham
    Vikings special-teamer Heath Farwell
    Eagles kicker David Akers
    Bears kick returner Devin Hester

Some ridiculous choices in there, but hey its the fan vote. So who do you think is unfairly left out?

For me, it's Patriots Linebacker Mayo and Patiots Corner McCourty. I think Patriots Tackle Wilfork should go as second team.

Some of those are a joke, Andre is there as a big name when two recievers in the AFC have had better years (Wayne and Lloyd), Whitworth over Joe Thomas or Jake long seems a bit mad, Harrison is only picked as a big name when Cameron Wake, Shaun Phillips and Tamba Hali all have more sacks, while Cribbs is lunacy as he has done NOTHING whatsoever this year.

No Kansas City players on the oline either? Really now?? Their offensive line has been a revelation this year

Mccourty maybe as second team, Asomugha is deservedly top CB again, he just erases recievers from existence when he covers them... also think Champ Bailey should go as the other corner with Mccourty and Aso, Champ has done very well again on a horrible team. guarantee one misses out to a revis that has been well below average for a lot of the year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'd actually agree with the Whitworth pick

Sebastian Janikowski is a joke pick to me, seems to be done on name recognition.
    I seem to remember him missing three kicks in one game including a gamewinner earlier in the season
    And Billy Cundiff is on course to break the NFL touchback record.

I wouldn't agree with Ed Reed either, he was on PUP for first six weeks of the season and still gets into the probowl?

However, even though he's been injured, I do agree with Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry , been a beast for most of the season and realy impressed me despite the Redskins torrid season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I think the fact that brady is there is a joke. Rivers has been better than both brady and manning. But those two are more popular than him.

I'd actually agree with the Whitworth pick

Sebastian Janikowski is a joke pick to me, seems to be done on name recognition.
    I seem to remember him missing three kicks in one game including a gamewinner earlier in the season
    And Billy Cundiff is on course to break the NFL touchback record.

I wouldn't agree with Ed Reed either, he was on PUP for first six weeks of the season and still gets into the probowl?

However, even though he's been injured, I do agree with Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry , been a beast for most of the season and realy impressed me despite the Redskins torrid season

Janikowski is another one yeah, id pick cundiff or scobee for kicker definitely. And like i said, when your team is no. 1 in running and gives up few sacks (kansas city), you deserve someone on the pro bowl oline.

Landry has been good, though he was torched embarassingly by vick and djax a few weeks back

I think the fact that brady is there is a joke. Rivers has been better than both brady and manning. But those two are more popular than him.

Not in recent weeks, but he's without a doubt the clear no.2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

James harrison definetly deserves to be number one, DPOY I think.

Harrison: 79 tkls, 10 sacks, 6pdf, 2 ints, 6 forced fumbles

Wake: 49 tkls, 14 sacks, 5pdf, 0 ints, 3 forced fumbles

Matthews: 59 tkls, 12.5 sacks, 5pdf, 1 ints, 1 forced fumbles

Hali: 43 tkls, 11 sacks, 0 pdf, 0 ints, 4 forced fumbles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

You're wrong. Statistically Brady had the highest passer rating in the league, the most TDs, and the best TD-INT ratio by a good margin through Week 14. He has been the MVP of the league thus far.

Bironas should be in there ahead of Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Lirange wrote: »
    You're wrong. Statistically Brady had the highest passer rating in the league, the most TDs, and the best TD-INT ratio by a good margin through Week 14. He has been the MVP of the league thus far.

Bironas should be in there ahead of Seb.

what has Bironas done that is any way special? if anyone deserves to be in there its Josh Scobee. no other AFC kicker has been so clutch.

theres a good few people in that list that i wouldnt have. i know Arian Foster has had a great season, but id pick Maurice Jones-Drew ahead of him. MJD has had what can only be described as a monster season. hes almost single handedly dragged the Jags to the cusp of their first AFC South title. Foster has been a great individual, but has managed to get his team nowhere. specially since the texans have such other high profile stars, id take MJD.

as returners go, Josh Cribbs hasnt done a huge amount. hes still living off his name from his last few seasons. as is Janikowski. i also think theres been more notable special teams than the Steelers, so they shouldnt have a rep there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

1 thing I realised ages ago is that the Pro Bowl ain't worth a damn when it comes to getting the right players recognised. Useless waste of time game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

kev_s88 wrote: »
    what has Bironas done that is any way special?

Been close to perfect, hitting 21 of 22 FG's including 9 for 9 from beyond 40 yards. He's proven throughout his career that he's clutch when he's needed. He has been in my mind the best FG in the NFL the last few years and that's included game winning field goals in clutch situations. Scobee's kick against Indy in week 3 was great but looking at it from both from the standpoint of production this year and talent I have to go with Bironas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Leslie91 wrote: »
    1 thing I realised ages ago is that the Pro Bowl ain't worth a damn when it comes to getting the right players recognised. Useless waste of time game.

well said. take the special teamer no fans know anything about these players outside their own team. Its definitely a name recognition vote

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brady has a 109.9 QB rating, the best in the league. He has been breaking records this year. This week if he doesn't throw a pick he is almost certain to take the record for most completions without an interception. You are joking I hope?

spiralism wrote: »
    Some of those are a joke, Andre is there as a big name when two recievers in the AFC have had better years (Wayne and Lloyd), Whitworth over Joe Thomas or Jake long seems a bit mad, Harrison is only picked as a big name when Cameron Wake, Shaun Phillips and Tamba Hali all have more sacks, while Cribbs is lunacy as he has done NOTHING whatsoever this year.

No Kansas City players on the oline either? Really now?? Their offensive line has been a revelation this year

Mccourty maybe as second team, Asomugha is deservedly top CB again, he just erases recievers from existence when he covers them... also think Champ Bailey should go as the other corner with Mccourty and Aso, Champ has done very well again on a horrible team. guarantee one misses out to a revis that has been well below average for a lot of the year though
    I'm shocked by the ones you highlighted.

How about Ed Reed who missed a bunch of games, Antonio Gates too. And Ray Lewis getting in there is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm shocked by the ones you highlighted.

How about Ed Reed who missed a bunch of games, Antonio Gates too. And Ray Lewis getting in there is a joke.

Antonio Gates has been head and shoulders above any TE in the league despite missing 4 games. He's an automatic pick.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Antonio Gates has been head and shoulders above any TE in the league despite missing 4 games. He's an automatic pick.
    Well for me Mercedes Lewis is the best tight end in the AFC this year and by some distance. He is a great receiver but also a great blocker. Gates cannot block to save his life, he is just a receiver/H-back really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone saying that Andre Johnson doesn't deserve to be there needs to take some medication!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone saying that Andre Johnson doesn't deserve to be there needs to take some medication!

he deserves to be there, just not as a starting choice, which should belong to reggie wayne/brandon lloyd as their numbers have been better

he deserves to be there, just not as a starting choice, which should belong to reggie wayne/brandon lloyd as their numbers have been better
    Andre Johnson has more receptions than Brandon Lloyd. There is nothing between them in yardage. I agree that Reggie Wayne should be no.1 though.

Andre Johnson has more receptions than Brandon Lloyd. There is nothing between them in yardage. I agree that Reggie Wayne should be no.1 though.

yeah, which is actually why i think Lloyd has the edge, same yardage more or less and more TDs off fewer receptions. way better ypc too obviously

yeah, which is actually why i think Lloyd has the edge, same yardage more or less and more TDs off fewer receptions. way better ypc too obviously
    You see you can look at that two ways. We all know that Johnson can run the outside routes, but he is more involved in his offense running short and medium routes, cutting and diving etc.

• Advertisement

You see you can look at that two ways. We all know that Johnson can run the outside routes, but he is more involved in his offense running short and medium routes, cutting and diving etc.

but on the other hand, lloyd is establishing himself as the biggest downfield threat in the game, despite the crap team hes on.

interesting stat - he leads the league in catches for 1st downs

So anyways... pro bowl selection is announced tonight, round 12 or so...

Advertisement