Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor broadband stick..

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I bought a meteor broadband stick today for my macbook.. I installed it perfectly and it picks up really good signal on 3g but whenever i go into firefox it does not load a webpage, either does msn load.. Any suggestions as to how to get it working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Open up system preferences.
    Go into network.
    Click the little gear icon towards the bottom left.
    Select "Set service order".
    Click and drag your USB modem up to the top.
    Click ok.
    Click "show all" up the top left
    Click "apply" in the dialogue box.

It should work after this. If not, try restarting your computer, leaving the modem lugged in.

What this does is it tells the Mac to use a connection from your usb modem first, ahead of any other connection. So if it is plugged in, and you are on wifi, it will use the modem ahead of wifi.
    It may be possible to reset the service order so the usb modem is further down the line once you get it working to prevent this happening, but I have a feeling this may need to be done every time you want to use the modem.

What I would suggest is you put the USB modem up the top and only plug it in when it is needed. That way it will always work when you plug it in. Do not leave it plugged in (or if there is an on/off switch leave it to off) if you are not using it. That way you won't accidentally use it when on wifi etc.

Advertisement