Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Who did their latest opus ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

good question because it's damn catchy! the tune itself is catchy and as a skit track it's not too bad. hilarious video though.

anyone know who did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Same person that did that probably did Bags of Glue as well. Great tunes.

Definitely full support for xmas.

Bridesmaid is a cracker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Who did their latest opus ?

I think they do it themselves. One of them used to post in this forum if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Legends !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Think it was Russel out in Nightmaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Are most of their tracks not 70's funk tracks sampled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Raftor!

jtsuited wrote: »
    Think it was Russel out in Nightmaker.

Russel and Bren Did it yeah

I actually love the song. Love the g-funk vibe off it. They could have put any auld backin track to the rubberbandits' comedy and it would do well, but I actually think it's a quality song.
    Heard it at a wedding in Mayo over Christmas and it actually was head and shoulders above the rest of that type of stuff production wise.

Fair play to Russ and Bren and hope this is not the last we hear of these types of songs in the charts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

jtsuited wrote: »
    I actually love the song. Love the g-funk vibe off it. They could have put any auld backin track to the rubberbandits' comedy and it would do well, but I actually think it's a quality song.
    Heard it at a wedding in Mayo over Christmas and it actually was head and shoulders above the rest of that type of stuff production wise.

Fair play to Russ and Bren and hope this is not the last we hear of these types of songs in the charts!

Who the **** are Russ and Bren...Blindboy Boat club of the Rubberbandits produces all of their music...best producer in the country by far and has been since Bag of Glue was released in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Who the **** are Russ and Bren...Blindboy Boat club of the Rubberbandits produces all of their music...best producer in the country by far and has been since Bag of Glue was released in 2008.

How is he the best producer in the country by far? Does he produce other peoples records or is it just the handful of bandits tracks you're basing this on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

In fairness Clutchit, the guy has made 20 posts and every one of them is about the rubber bandits. I think his opinion may be slightly biased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

ball ox wrote: »
    In fairness Clutchit, the guy has made 20 posts and every one of them is about the rubber bandits. I think his opinion may be slightly biased :D

Correct I only joined this thing to counteract the nonsense that was being written about them in some of the posts over the Christmas. I'm a huge fan but my bias is based on what I believe aesthetically to be true of Blind Boy's work with the bandits. That said, I withdraw my 'best producer in the country remark' not because I believe anyone does it better but because music is not a competition so that was a poor choice of words. Mea Culpa.

Can we get a definitive answer on who actually produced it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

they do all there own stuff, blind boy boat club more so.
    fact, he is a very talented artist, and yes most of the samples are 70's funk stuff

Advertisement