Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market & App Brain not working

Options
  • 16-12-2010 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Installed a few apps 2 days ago, but since yesterday evening, market won't open, ( get a blank white screen for a second and then goes back to home screen) and while app brain does open and synchronise it, it shows the apps I've marked for install, but will not install.

What's up here?

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

have you tried going into Settings \ Applications \ Manage Applications. Find, Market, and clear the cache and data. Then try opening it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I was having issues this morning but after about 15 -20 min after I first tried it, it opened the new updated App Market. - Htc Desire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Got the same thing but its working fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

AppBrain is just a linker to the market so it won't work if the market isn't workig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Mine works grand in Dublin but never updates location when I go to Longford.

I dont think GPS signals work in Longford yet though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Gryzor wrote: »
    have you tried going into Settings \ Applications \ Manage Applications. Find, Market, and clear the cache and data. Then try opening it again.
    Did that first thing, a when I got the phone new (month ago ), it wouldn't install either.
    Also cleared the cache in App Brain.

P.S.EDIT: Don't Know, but in Manage Applictions>Market, I just clicked "un-install update" and now have succeeded in downloading one of the Apps I was after "money Droid" (Irish App, here on boards), but app brain still isn't playing right. Oh, 2 days ago when last at Market it was the " old look" just now it has the "new look".

P.S.S.
    All O.K. now. I think because the phone is set to - NOT AUTO-UPDATE- there was a large number of them lined up, including App Brain, and Market. I set it to Auto-Update every 30 Minutes and suddenly the notification bar filled up with downloads, 6 or 7. I won't set it auto-update as I don't want it doing it over the mobile network.

Is there a setting that makes sure software updates only happen over WiFi ?????????????????????

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement