Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm writing a book

Options
  • 16-12-2010 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

A long time ago, longer then I like to admit, I stated that I would write a zombie survival book with the help of boards.ie. that thread died and I didn't receive much help. I'm here to announce, that same book is now under construction and mostly done. I have a draft/teaser version up to see on: http://damnzombiesagain.blogspot.com/

most of it is still in my head, and in scribblings and notes I have around the place, but it looks like it'll soon be ready to go to printers. Now my last problem, which is why i'm writing this now is I need some good zombie artwork and diagrams. anyone want to help with this will get your name in the book

cheers
    Smeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

long time no see smeghead! :P
    it's been a long long time, Il take a read as soon as possible and give you feed back on it :)
    we've got a mailing list for people who are interested in reading and writing short stories and the llikes you should check it out and send the link around there so people wont miss out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

yus, I am excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

cool, best of luck with the book, i just bought a book called world war z haven't started to read it yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

WWZ is bible as is the survival guide by max brooks.... learn it well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nodferatu wrote: »
    cool, best of luck with the book, i just bought a book called world war z haven't started to read it yet tho

Just read it last week. It's very good. Dunno why it was in the comedy section though... thought that was a bit odd. In fact the Zombie Survival Guide was in comedy too. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Done up to chapter 5 or 6 I forget, also huge update on the already published chapters. More to come soon.

If you have any ideas, or have written already and want it included please PM me.

Cheers Sm

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Smegmar - just to say I'm browsing through while also working, so only one chapter two - but enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

thanks wavehopper, I think I'm happiest with the first chapter but it's still a work in progress, when you're finished please look back after a while to see what has improved.

Advertisement