Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland bike to work scheme-anyone know when it open?

Options
  • 15-12-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

I know one finished there a few months ago, anyone know when it will reopen again?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Maybe your HR or accounts department can tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Raam wrote: »
    Maybe your HR or accounts department can tell you?

Thanks but I don't work there...if anyone that does and has an idea when it starts that would be great, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

I have heard of this scheme when I applied for a job a few years ago ..... What exactly is it?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Thanks but I don't work there...if anyone that does and has an idea when it starts that would be great, cheers.

Now you've got me curious. What is the scheme?

Now you've got me curious. What is the scheme?

No it's just the regular bike to work scheme..just wondering when it is open to boi employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Isn't that fraud? I think I remember it being discussed on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No it's just the regular bike to work scheme..my bro works there, going to ask him if he is not availing of it could I use it, as it isn't available to me..but I'd want to use it only if I can get the bike in the next 8 weeks..don't want to ask him otherwise

Ah FFS. Why are you wasting everyone's time AGAIN with this crap?

Lumen wrote: »
    Ah FFS. Why are you wasting everyone's time AGAIN with this crap?

Again? Sorry, I didn't search the forum before posting this..I'm not discussing the rights/ wrongs of it, it's just a simple question, does anyone know when the scheme is open?

That is all, if you don't know, there is no need to comment, I'm hardly wasting your time, the question is in the title, I didn't make you click into my post..:rolleyes:

I reckon you should ask your bro instead of hoping that a BOI employee chances upon this.

I reckon you should ask your bro instead of hoping that a BOI employee chances upon this.

Ok maybe I will, would have been easier for me to find out first but judging by some of the responses(not yours incase you think I'm hinting at that) it doesn't look like I will get any helpful replies.

I did specifically put the question in title as to avoid wasting peoples time..

Thanks

• Advertisement

Doctor Bob wrote: »

This post made sense before the one above it was edited, in case the latecomers are confused.

You may find traces of the original post nearby, however.

I don't know if it's fraud, that hadn't crossed my mind, but I don't remember asking either.

You don't know if what's fraud? :p

You don't know if what's fraud? :p

I'm not hiding anything, my post is quoted above, the reason I edited mine is to stop the discussion going off track. As I said, I didn't start this thread to discuss anything, but only to find an answer to my question in my OP!

Fair enough. The answer, then, is either:

a) No.

or

b) It doesn't matter, as you cannot legally take part in it.

Hannibal+I+Love+It+When+a+Plan+Comes+Together+A-Team_small.gif

:)

Fair enough. The answer, then, is either:

a) No.

or

b) It doesn't matter, as you cannot legally take part in it.

Hannibal+I+Love+It+When+a+Plan+Comes+Together+A-Team_small.gif

:)

Can you back up what you are saying in point b?

Can you back up what you are saying in point b?

You must be employed by a company in order to be eligible to buy a bike through that company.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I can confirm it is illegal to buy a bike for someone else under the scheme - this is tax fraud.

Thread closed

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement