Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edge and Christian

Options
  • 15-12-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

After seeing them together on Raw last night does anyone think they are priming for some sort of reunion? God knows the WWE needs something to shake it up and this could be just the ticket. Would be great to see and would give Christian a well deserved rub!

Another reason i bring this up is not just the Raw appearance but one of the most recent Official wallpapers WWE sent us is this one:

wall5732_16141182_wir008835.gif

so what do people think? Am i just reading too much into these 2? and g'wan then to increase discussion in this thread give us your favourite E&C moments!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I really hope so, as Edge has hit a huge lull, and Christian could use the rub (he's not of any importance in Vince's eyes) so having them maybe tag at mania again would be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Id like to see them allied but maybe not neccesarily a regular tag team i.e keep them away from the tag division but have them help the other out in their feuds which could eventually lead to one of them getting the gold (Christian i'd hope) on SD and then eventually the other getting jealous and the two having a proper main event feud.

A reunion in the tag division could revitalise Edge and give Christian a good return but unless it was short id say it would get old fast and not long term benefit either. A tag match at mania could be good as part of this maybe them two verses Del Rio +1 as Christian mentioned Del Rio in relation to his injury at the slammies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

After seeing them together on Raw last night does anyone think they are priming for some sort of reunion? God knows the WWE needs something to shake it up and this could be just the ticket. Would be great to see and would give Christian a well deserved rub!

Another reason i bring this up is not just the Raw appearance but one of the most recent Official wallpapers WWE sent us is this one:

wall5732_16141182_wir008835.gif

so what do people think? Am i just reading too much into these 2? and g'wan then to increase discussion in this thread give us your favourite E&C moments!

it's an outdated picture....Christian doesn't have long hair anymore..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I'd rather a teased reunion only to be followed by an Edge heel turn by attacking Christian.

Then you'd have Edge saying how he's becoming hugely successful while Christian has done nothing. That it shouldn't be Michaels and Jannetty but Edge and Christian. Build on their backstory and their singles careers taking different directions. Have Christian as the symapthetic babyface who wants to prove himself, and thus challanges his friend to a match at Mania. All this would cumulate with Christian beating Edge at the PPV, and then shaking hands/hugging or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A feud would be way better imo - Edge dont work well as a face

When Edge was traded to Raw before he left SD he had a brief confrontation with Christian which teased a feud down the road and I'm sure many would want to see

Christian kinda hinted a Del Rio feud when he returns and maybe after him then a Edge feud

It was great seeing them together on Raw :)

I would love to see Christian get a world title reign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Tag team aint gonna happen Edge has his sights set firmly on singles gold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

kilburn wrote: »
    Tag team aint gonna happen Edge has his sights set firmly on singles gold

We should change your name to kiljoy for dashing our hopes of and Edge and Christian reunion. :D

But I can't see this happening either. WWE barely has a tag team division these days. Who would they feud with? Santino and Kozlov?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wompa1 wrote: »
    it's an outdated picture....Christian doesn't have long hair anymore..

Oh i know that, but that's what makes it more curious, why send it to us to sell if it isnt of some significance!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would love to see Christian get a world title reign

really?! i never would have guessed!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If they are planning on a E vs C feud they will really need to start hyping Christian's return(music video packges with Christian's career highlights and him rehabbing etc..) to try and mke him look like a credible main eventer.They can't have him just show up unexpectedly again like a nobody the way he re-debuted last year or even the way he showed up on Raw on Monday night out of the blue and got a very lukewarm reaction.He needs to be made out to be a big deal.

I doubt WWE will ever get behind him though anyways unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If DX can have a reunion, then E&C can too, I mean they're only tag team left in WWE that were around during the later years of the attiude era, and the most remembered.

Hardyz-Gone
    Dudleyz-TNA
    APA-Retired
    T&A-Deceased and In Japan
    Too Cool- Gone
    New Age Outlaws- Gone

I'd love to see a reunion like in RvSD2011, where they do things like the 5 second pose, goof around making fun of people and being awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I would have loved if they done a 5 Second Pose on Raw, would have reeked of awesomness. :D

Also really liked Cole's statement - "the legendary tag team of Edge & Chrisitian"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

How could anyone prefer a feud then a reunion. These guys were amazing and you can do a feud after a reunion but it would be apalling to rob us of the most entertaining tag team ever just for a feud which would inevitably bury Christian. Why the hell they didn't do this before TLC is crazy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I wouldn't want them teaming up again for several reasons. First off there are very few teams out there they could face. They will also be limited by a greater reliance on scripted humour in the WWE now. Performers are given much less scope to be naturally funny and ad lib. Then I have a natural dislike of old teams getting back together as it rarely ever matches the original run. It often dilutes the original run and takes the gloss off the performers. Think of the way D-X over the past few years were a pale imitation of HBK and HHH when they first joined up.

If they were to join up, it should only be a for a month or so until the inevitable feud. Basically team them up so that newcomers get an understanding of what Edge and Christian were about. That would be good for a few nostalgia pops.

Then I'd break them up when they are doing a 5 second pose. Christian could turn around and get blasted by an unexpected Spear. Nice if they could let Edge do the Concerto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

if they did get back together who could they feud with :rolleyes: - wwe dont have any decent legit tag teams

i wouldnt have minded seeing e&c v miz and morrison when they were a team

a feud would work better but i doubt vince will give christian that push

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bring Back E&C.

Edge has had so many title runs and title matches he could do with a few months away from the title scene. It might mean something when he returns to title World chasing. Christian could do with the main event sparkle he would get from Edge.

Miz and Alex Riley or Nexus would be good opponents for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Bring Back E&C.

Edge has had so many title runs and title matches he could do with a few months away from the title scene. It might mean something when he returns to title World chasing. Christian could do with the main event sparkle he would get from Edge.

Miz and Alex Riley or Nexus would be good opponents for them.

I suppose that they could wrestle against Miz/Riley, any two from Nexus, Santino/Kozlov, or even the Uso's, but the problem is that WWE have lost interest in the tag-team division this year. None of the tag-teams are built very strong. So in actual fact, it would be a step backwards for Edge.

The Uso's are like Ant and Dec - nobody can tell the difference between each brother, even after 3 or 4 months. Santino and Kozlov are just a comedy oddball pairing, nothing special, and Miz is WWE champ now so won't be tag-team wrestling for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Charisteas wrote: »
    I suppose that they could wrestle against Miz/Riley, any two from Nexus, Santino/Kozlov, or even the Uso's, but the problem is that WWE have lost interest in the tag-team division this year. None of the tag-teams are built very strong. So in actual fact, it would be a step backwards for Edge.

The Uso's are like Ant and Dec - nobody can tell the difference between each brother, even after 3 or 4 months. Santino and Kozlov are just a comedy oddball pairing, nothing special, and Miz is WWE champ now so won't be tag-team wrestling for a while.

In a few months time I think it would work, after mania anyway. It would indeed be a step backwards for Edge, But he needs it.

I agree established competition in the form of a suitable tag team doesn't exist. That doesn't necessarily mean Edge and Christian joining up is a bad idea.

In a few months time a Miz/Riley v E&C feud would be great. There are other options like Joining up Del Rio and Swagger for Instance - WWE don't have to use an established Tag Team to go against them.

Also another E&C run would make for a good WWE DVD down the line.

Advertisement