Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long tailed tit

Options
  • 15-12-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Just had the joy of watching about 6 or 7 long tailed tits rummaging around for food, in Sandyford Industrial Estate :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Had my first personal experience yesterday.
    It was short but a joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

bogtreader wrote: »
    Had my first personal experience yesterday.
    It was short but a joy

Isn't it funny how those fleeting glimpses can leave you smiling all day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Only time I've seen them in my garden was last Spring when two came along looking for a nest site, unfortunately they did not stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There seems to be a resident flock of them in the Iveagh Gardens off Harcourt Street in Dublin. I see them regularly, like little budgies with long tails, unmistakeable and a joy to behold. I wouldn't fancy being an insect with that lot picking about on the tree branches!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Saw a bunch in my garden last week but usually dont see around here. Used to see them by the dodder in tallaght. Fantastic weavers of nests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I have a family party of about 6 that visit nearly daily.
    They never fail to bring cheer :)

Hard to get photos, they don't stay still!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lucky sods. I have never had one in my garden nor have I ever seen one elsewhere in Ireland. I get loads of coal tits, blue tits, and great tits all years round, and in big numbers each winter, but they never bring a few LTTs with them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'd never seen any before and was shocked to see them in an industrial estate.

Another one in an unusual place was when I saw a Jay, on the side of the road (alive) in Kilmacanogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, there a few jays around there. If you go to the rees around the Glenview hotel, you'll see them. And the LTTs were in Charlesland. Also saw a Barn Owl here last week in th esnow.

Advertisement