Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some extreme weather bib tights

Options
  • 15-12-2010 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to invest in some really good tights for recent conditions. I have a few pairs of standard super roubaix tights and they are great in an but the worst weather.

Looking for a pair with a good chamois, really insulated and windproofing on thigh and crotch areas. Some water resistance wouldn't hurt either.

Not going to spring for Assos so what are the alternatives?

Are the Campagnolo Raytech Thermo tights good? Their shorts are as good (if not better) than Assos IMO.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Some are fleece lined and others are not. I only have fleece lined and don't feel cold down to 0'C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I've a pair of these Santinis which I find very snug, but not very waterproof.

I also have a pair of these waterproof Endura tights - which do exactly what it says on the tin, but they're unpadded and don't feel nearly as comfy, even with a padded undershort. I really only use them in the worst of conditions out of necessity.

If these Aqua-zero Santinis are discounted after Christmas, I'll probably invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

I have the Santini storm tights myself. Great to about 2 degrees but not windproof.

The Santini waterproof tights look good but are they windproof and warm enough?

They have windproof "defend" tights with crash resistant panels on the hip area but they look ridiculous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Jawgap wrote: »

If these Aqua-zero Santinis are discounted after Christmas, I'll probably invest.

Jawgap did you invest in these yet and if so any thoughts?

Just wondering if these would be warm enough for current conditions

It doesn't look like Prendas do Christmas sales so I've not bought.

I did find a review of the jersey which suggests the material is waterproof to a point, warm, comfy but definitely not windproof.

A corresponding review of the tights suggests something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 4seasons biker

i got a pair of santini 365 tights in november and found them perfect for this cold winter but make sure you try them on they are very small sizes ,i needed to go 2 sizes bigger and paid about €75

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've heard good things about Endura winter tights in the past, from guys who have used them. I haven't tried them myself though. Beware of Endura though, as I find their sizing to be very odd so I'd definitely try before buying with that brand.

Personally, I find the Assos Winter LL tights to be very good. They have windproof panels in them, which seem to work very well. I know you ruled out Assos in your original post based on price, and these particular tights are certainly not cheap, but I've found them to be money well spent so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

i got a pair of santini 365 tights in november and found them perfect for this cold winter but make sure you try them on they are very small sizes ,i needed to go 2 sizes bigger and paid about €75
    Does anyone know if this is standard? I ordered medium santini tights today - am 5'8 and 72kg (about 31 waist in jeans)

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is standard? I ordered medium santini tights today - am 5'8 and 72kg (about 31 waist in jeans)

I'm a little bit taller and a little bit wider than you and my Santinis are medium and are a comfy fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

kennyb3 wrote: »

I have these in Large and they are a perfect fit; 6'0'' and 82kg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement