Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Leaving Cert recognised abroad

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Anyone had any issues having their L.C. recognised by a foreign uni? I may be applying to a uni in South America. I of course will get this clarified soon but I was wondering has anybody had to get some sort of translation of results or anything? Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I have no idea how it is in south america but in the EU (and switzeraland) it is recognised generally on par with the local school exams.

Most universities have information on their websites on what is recognised and what isn't (at least of the universities that I have looked at in switzerland and europe). Your best bet would be to check their websites and then contact the universities directly. There may be some sort of entrance exam if it isn't/partly recognised.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

BKtje wrote: »
    I have no idea how it is in south america but in the EU (and switzeraland) it is recognised generally on par with the local school exams.

Most universities have information on their websites on what is recognised and what isn't (at least of the universities that I have looked at in switzerland and europe). Your best bet would be to check their websites and then contact the universities directly. There may be some sort of entrance exam if it isn't/partly recognised.

Good luck :)

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but since you're from Switzerland, do you know if ETH Zurich is good for Mech. Engineering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

mtb_kng try to keep the threads on topic (especially when you have started another thread dedicated to your specific question)

If it's a general question it might be more useful to PM the member with your question - I get them all the time and usually reply :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

For anyone else with this question, I found out last month that while the leaving cert may be recognised in europe, some subjects may not be, eg Business Studies is not recognised as a subject in switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Puternice

Hey holystungun9, check out:

www.enic-naric.net/

They can help with the recognition of academic and professional qualifications abroad. I'm not too sure if its useful for South America but it may help.

Enjoy:-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement