Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design

Options
  • 15-12-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm Thinking of doing Fetac Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design 2year course next year!

My question is if i decide to go on to third level will i still have to do the 4years of the course or would the fetac 2years count?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

As far as I know...

After doing first year in FETAC, you'll be able to apply for first year of the course of third level. You'll need good results though. Also, if you do second year of FETAC, you can apply directly to the third level college to go into second year. Again, good results are needed, they don't let everybody in.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

Dean820 wrote: »
    As far as I know...

After doing first year in FETAC, you'll be able to apply for first year of the course of third level. You'll need good results though. Also, if you do second year of FETAC, you can apply directly to the third level college to go into second year. Again, good results are needed, they don't let everybody in.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Assuming that after 2 years you will get a FETAC Level 6 award you may apply for direct entry into Year 2 of a course at an Institute of Technology but it is not always certain that they will accept your application as your FETAC course and its elective modules need to be compatabile with 1st Year of the course in the Institute of Technology.

Some FE colleges have agreements with IoTs for their students to progress into Year 2 but that is as a result of the IoT accepting the Level 6 course modules.

Talk to your Career Guidance Officer and the Admissions Office of the IoT you want to progress to. Year 2 entry in universities is not as common.

Advertisement