Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mum and dad pressie help

Options
  • 14-12-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

hi guys, been searching for pressies for my mum and dad. my mum is not into fashion, music, make up, jewellery and is in her mid 50s. dad is a diy man who has every diy gadgets available, not into music and is in his mid 60s. i have a budget of €150 each and am looking for something meaningful.....please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xmas shopper

weekend away maybe or hotel voucher, maybe a photo book or something:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

may be a bit to late for this, but years back we collected loads of pictures of my father and made a "this is your life" album kinda thing, he loved it.

You could make one of the two of them since they got married

• Registered Users Posts: 31 canice

they will want your time more than anything.......
    why not book a weekend away, some actitity of sorts and u join them
    another idea is to plan a weekend at home where you treat them to all the treats they like... u cook dinner, champagne, clean dust and sort out stuff to their liking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

Yeah, give them a dirty weekend away! That's what I've got my parents - a weekend in London. Ring around a few hotels in Ireland (you won't get anywhere in the UK for under €300), try for a weekend in January or February as they don't get much business around that time and might offer you better prices if you're working with a budget. Ring the hotels - DON'T BOOK A HOTEL ONLINE! You're more likely to get discounts, talk them into massively reducing the price, etc, with a phone call.

Advertisement