Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIC for recording vocals on my PC.

Options
  • 14-12-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've been having a go recording some of my tracks with Ableton Live 8. Unfortunately, my Dynamic MIC does not have the power to record my voice. :( So I'm looking for a way to "power it" or get a semi-decent MIC that can power itself.

I've heard people recommending audio interfaces that have phantom power .etc, but I don't really want to go that route. Because I have my studio set up through my Access Virus (a type of synth), and it works well - so I'd be reluctant to change it. Unfortunately, the Virus does not have anyway of powering the MIC. :(

So is there any little "doodad" that can power a MIC, or can you recommend a MIC that might be suitable for my needs?

Thanks in advance! :)

Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi Rob,

You could go down the USB route with this..

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/IEP/Recording/Recording/Samson-C03U-USB-Grossmembranmikrofon-K/N/A-Anschluss-ueber-USB/art-REC0004380-000

Haven't used one myself but the reviews seem to be pretty OK.

To be honest, I'd use an audio interface..far more versatile.
    You could connect up the Virus quite easily.

Hope this helps,

IM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Baggio... wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've been having a go recording some of my tracks with Ableton Live 8. Unfortunately, my Dynamic MIC does not have the power to record my voice. :( So I'm looking for a way to "power it" or get a semi-decent MIC that can power itself.

I've heard people recommending audio interfaces that have phantom power .etc, but I don't really want to go that route. Because I have my studio set up through my Access Virus (a type of synth), and it works well - so I'd be reluctant to change it. Unfortunately, the Virus does not have anyway of powering the MIC. :(

So is there any little "doodad" that can power a MIC, or can you recommend a MIC that might be suitable for my needs?

Thanks in advance! :)

Rob.

dont go anywhere near USB mics :eek:

utter shyte

have a look at this phantom power box instead.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/millenium_pp2b.htm

235771.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Thanks guys! :)

Sweet! That phantom power supply look the part. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Why would you need phantom power for a dynamic mic?
    Sounds like the OP means he's not getting enough level from the mic while using his synth as an audio interface.

Rob, using the synth as your audio interface isn't going to get you the results you want, so look into investing in a proper one or two channel audio interface. Anything else is faffing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

my bad. i didnt even see the word dynamic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

@ Fitz,

Thanks mate, I'll have a look into that.

Cheers,

R.

Advertisement