Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents Xmas Present

Options
  • 14-12-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi

I really really dont know what to get my parents, they have everything, they like golf / rugby / music etc but we ve always gotten stuff like that. They dont want a big present or too expensive..

Any advise ? Im totally lost ! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Do you buy one present for the both of them or do you buy separate gifts?
    Any chance of a weekend away anywhere is doable within your budget?
    Like just two nights in a hotel somewhere? maybe one that has a golf course they might enjoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

star-pants wrote: »
    Do you buy one present for the both of them or do you buy separate gifts?
    Any chance of a weekend away anywhere is doable within your budget?
    Like just two nights in a hotel somewhere? maybe one that has a golf course they might enjoy?

Either could be an option
    Have done that before, they dont want me to do something like that, they want me to keep it simple. I have a habit of going over board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ah ok, hmm it can be tough to do a present that will do both of them.

Unless there's tickets to something they'd want to go see? Music/Rugby? or theatre?

star-pants wrote: »
    Ah ok, hmm it can be tough to do a present that will do both of them.

Unless there's tickets to something they'd want to go see? Music/Rugby? or theatre?

Alas done that before, can get seperate presents doesnt have to be a joint gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

What about a personalised rugby jersey each from their favourite teams with their names and lucky numbers on the back? AFAIK Elverys offer a personalisation service.

Monogrammed golf club covers would be another idea. You can buy your own plain coloured covers in a golf or sports store and have their initials sewn on at one of the seasonal embroidery stands you often see around shopping centres this time of year that do tshirts, hats, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

got mine a national concert hall gift card,they come in a lovely presentation box,and you could also get a voucher for the restaurant there for them too.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    got mine a national concert hall gift card,they come in a lovely presentation box,and you could also get a voucher for the restaurant there for them too.

Thats a lovely idea, but they dont live in dublin

Advertisement