Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commissioner Callinan

Options
  • 14-12-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Deputy Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan is to succeed Fachtna Murphy as head of the force upon his retirement later this month, it was announced today.

"I wish to take this opportunity to offer my congratulations to Deputy Commissioner Callinan on his appointment as Garda Commissioner and to wish him well in his new post," Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said.

"He has a distinguished record of service in the Garda Síochána, with a wide range of experience in key positions in the force, and has all the qualities needed to lead the Garda Síochána successfully through the challenging times ahead."

Mr Callinan has served in a wide range of roles and in a number of key positions in the Garda Síochána, and is currently the Deputy Garda Commissioner in charge of Operations.

Minister Ahern also paid tribute to outgoing Commissioner Murphy, saying he had led the force "through a period of significant organisational and operational change".

"He leaves behind a proud record of dedicated service to the State in the finest tradition of the Garda Síochána."

in my opinion, its about time we had a moustache as commissioner. it carries that air of authority

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

1922 wrote: »
    in my opinion, its about time we had a moustache as commissioner. it carries that air of authority

general_melchett.jpg

Give those criminals a damn good licking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Horray!

Mod edit by Chief---: no offensive posts here please even if you think they are light hearted.

Advertisement