Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Bass player (or Tuba) + Drummer (or percussion) in Dublin

Options
  • 14-12-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey,
    I am putting together an Alt Folk band in Dublin. I sing and play guitar and I'm currently playing with a violin player and trumpet player.

http://www.myspace.com/saintjohnthegambler

http://www.facebook.com/saintjohnthegambler?ref=ts

*I am looking for a Double Bass player, though a tuba player would be very interesting too. Electric bass is also fine too, actually.
    *I would like a tasteful drummer or percussionist, ie. Cajón, Djembe, etc.

I have demos of all the songs along with charts. I hope to have the band up and running by early next year with the aim of playing paid gigs.

My influences are: Devotchka, Tom Waits, Beirut, David Byrne, Mumford & Sons, Nick Cave, Low Anthem and the like.

If you're interested send me a message on the facebook or myspace page or by email:
    saintjohnthegambler@gmail.com

Cheers
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bondy

Hi man, love the music. I'm a 26yo bodhran player but I can also do backing vocals, play guitar and I won't lie I'm a pretty good cook.

Anyway, would love to play some bodhran on your stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Barkmaker

Bondy wrote: »
    Hi man, love the music. I'm a 26yo bodhran player but I can also do backing vocals, play guitar and I won't lie I'm a pretty good cook.

Anyway, would love to play some bodhran on your stuff.

Hey, glad you like the music! I'm afraid we have a percussionist/drummer already but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 silverhare

Barkmaker wrote: »
    Hey, glad you like the music! I'm afraid we have a percussionist/drummer already but thanks.

Is one percussionist ever enough? Maybe that's just my love of big arrangements speaking. Played a session once with a drummer, congas (me), djembe, bodhran, glockenspiel, bass guitar, double bass, guitar, keys, clarinet, sax, 3 vocals and a concert harp. Man was that fun.

How do you feel about electric double bass? I've a battery powered 100w amp too so even busking is possible!

I find myself wishing I'd learned the Tuba.....

Advertisement