Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another game of spot the bike thief

Options
  • 14-12-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

My Lapierre RCR100 was nicked from an underground car park just off Pearse St on the 1st Dec by this bloke. The roads were covered in compacted snow that day so can't imagine he cycled it too far.

Bike#5550498980991156802

Unfortunately the footage is poor so unlikely to be recognised from it.

But any info on the bike would be welcome. The Lapierre bar ends make it stand out from other bikes on a bike rack. And here is the stuff that makes this stand out from other Lapierres of the same model :

Bear Trap pedals
    mini pump holder + mini pump
    cheapass wired bottle cage (added since this photo)
    maxxis detonator tyres - rear one has yellow trim ,
    sks mudguards held on by frayed rubber straps and tie wraps
    oxford saddle bag

Bike#5550498994407509250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sorry to hear that...

Out of interest, what type of lock were did you have, was it a cable lock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Sorry to hear that. Where off Pearse St. Reason that I ask is that I work off Pearse St.

I will let security in our building know.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

"Erne Street carpark exit inside" according to the still from the CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Imbedding those pics doesn't seem to have been a roaring success ..I'll try to fix later
    cojomo2 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that...

Out of interest, what type of lock were did you have, was it a cable lock?

Not locked unfortunately - underground car park within another cark park and shuttered off so I've never locked bikes there in 8 years. Might have to rethink that particular policy ...
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Where off Pearse St. Reason that I ask is that I work off Pearse St.

I will let security in our building know.

Same block as the Holiday Inn and Wintergarten apts

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

theyre distinctive bikes and those pedals make it more so. I've the same bike so will keep an eye out. hard luck real bummer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement