Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage

Options
  • 14-12-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone played this? Is it worth a cheeky few € for it?

I'm sold on the cheesy rock music, OTT blood and mandatory Japanese voiceover actors shouting at each other on the trailer.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/hokuto/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think you're in for a thread move as it's not really a fighting game at all.

That said, I'll be picking it up when it goes cheaper. The gameplay is pretty sluggish as you would expect from the Dynasty Warriors devs, but the oldschool charm and wailing guitars make it worthwhile IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

...the oldschool charm and wailing guitars make it worthwhile IMO.

You forgot the mandatory shouting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pyongyang wrote: »
    You forgot the mandatory shouting. :)

I figured oldschool charm included the kiais and move-name calling. :P

Worth noting that despite being rather sluggish, the gameplay doesn't seem quite as stale as most DW games, from the demo at least.

I figured oldschool charm included the kiais and move-name calling. :P

Worth noting that despite being rather sluggish, the gameplay doesn't seem quite as stale as most DW games, from the demo at least.

Famitsu gave it a good review. Western take is fairly mixed though. Just wondered what actual end users thought of it.

I love the DW: Gundam games though. I'm a sucker for average games. :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm actually torn on moving this thread. We more than welcome the discussion of beat em ups here and this game's more or less one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You are already dead....

YATATATATATATATATA!!!!!!

I have it, it's awesome.*

*Probably not awesome, but I love FotNS and it's full of fanservice.

Probably not awesome, but I love FotNS and it's full of fanservice.

That's good enough for me, I'm buying it.

Was going to finally buy this today. Thought to buy it in Smyth's as I've a 5 euro voucher to spend there.

I didn't see it on their web site when I went to check for stock. Does anyone know if they are carrying this title?

If they don't Amazon will have to do.

I will just have to hold off getting excited for ultra-violent, distinctly average gameplay mixed in with a great big dollop of blood curdling screams and obligatory Japanese voice actors shouting at each other until the New Year thanks to the weather affecting deliveries. :(

Failing that, anyone spotted this one on the shelves in Ireland anywhere for a cheeky price?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Smyths dont stock it. Only manga/anime title I've ever seen at smyths were the naruto games. I got in hmv for 45 euro but havent seen it anywhere at a cheeky price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Demo is on live, its a sub par dynasty warriors.

• Advertisement

Smyths dont stock it. Only manga/anime title I've ever seen at smyths were the naruto games. I got in hmv for 45 euro but havent seen it anywhere at a cheeky price.

Shame. Cheers for the info though. Looks like a trip to Amazon might be on the cards then.

Might grab that with another handsome sub-par title, Splatterhouse, for a wonderful sub-par combo deal. :D

That said, the Splatterhouse trailer has no Japanese voice actors shouting in it. Hmm, decisions decisions. :pac:

Just in case anyone is after this game, I saw it in HMV in the Pav, Swords yesterday for €44.99.

More interestingly though it is their number 1 chart game!

Nearly grabbed it as a Christmas present to myself but bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 instead. Didn't see Splatterhouse in there by the way. Is ANYONE carrying that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alexmc

I went to my local gamestop to pre order this and they didn't have it in the system. I went on a ridiculously derailed journey into the city center to find a copy. After getting lost for 3 hours I finally came across 2 gamestops and a HMV.

None of them had the game and had no intention of ever getting it. Finally I ordered it online from Amazon. Game itself is a lot of fun. I put 80+ hours into it before I was done.

The last game I actually remember hitting 80 hours in was Too Human and I was extremely bored with that game way before the 80 mark. Spending 30+ hours trying to find epic gear for my Human Champion (great game but not enough content for epic runs).

Fist of the North Star is a game about powerful attacks so it's a lot slower paced to focus on that aspect. I recently started playing again while I wait for MvC3 release.

Advertisement