Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal mail not shipping parcels outside of the UK til after Christmas?

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

I bought a charger on ebay last night that's supposed to ship from the UK. Got a mail this morn saying:
    We feel terribly to inform you that the UK post office has stopped to send parcels to the countries outside of UK because of the X-mas and New Year holidays(during 13th Dec to Jan 4th ). The post office will resume to send items to your country on Jan.4th. So your item won't be dispatched until 4th Jan.

I had a look on Royal Mail website and can't see anything that suggests the same.

BS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Judging by the Engrish used in that reply, this looks like one of those items that says dispatched from the UK on the item page but when you actually get it it has HK or Chinese stamps all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Must be Bull, there would be uproar if this was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Brian68GT

Utter bs. Just bought a load of stuff from amazon UK, all shipped.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

coolmoose wrote: »
    Judging by the Engrish used in that reply, this looks like one of those items that says dispatched from the UK on the item page but when you actually get it it has HK or Chinese stamps all over it!

My thought exacry.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I'll report him to ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Yes probably as said above seller is shipping from HK but register as UK

I ordered a few small bits on ebay from sellers base in HK couple of weeks ago and got a few emails from ebay to inform that big delays in HK post and will be some delays on shipping, but all the items arrived during the week, less than 2 weeks after ordering.

I think Focalprice or Dealextreme have similar warning on their website
    ebay wrote:
    Dear Friend,

Just informed by Hong Kong Postal service :
    Due to Thanksgiving Day and Christmas is approaching. The estimated delivery
    day MAY BE longer than NORMAL because of bulk parcels and high workload for
    postman.
    Recent months have witnessed an upsurge of some 30% in outbound air mail
    compared to corresponding period last year. This has resulted in the overall
    supply of air cargo space lagging far behind demand. Hence delays by one
    to two weeks have been caused to outbound air mail for a number of destinations
    including Australia, Brazil, Russia, the US , United Kingdom and Europe since
    late October.

Could you please kindly wait for the parcel though the estimated delivery
    time may be longer. Please kindly DON'T worry, If you do not receive the
    parcel r you do not satisfied with the item you received, please kindly
    let me know ASAP and I must bear all risks (RESEND or REFUND). . PLS KINDLY
    DON?T LEAVE NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AS I MUST DO MY BEST TO SOLVE PROBLEM

Also similar email couple of weeks ago from ebay UK due to bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Brian68GT wrote: »
    Utter bs. Just bought a load of stuff from amazon UK, all shipped.

Brian

Amazon dispatch from Dublin now on the majority of things.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Has anyone emailed Royal Mail to find out for sure?

I've just bought some stuff for Xmas pressies, so I hope they haven't stopped international post or I have to do shopping, which I really don't want.

Have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've just bought some stuff for Xmas pressies, so I hope they haven't stopped international post or I have to do shopping, which I really don't want.

Edit:

According to this, the last date for posting to Ireland is December 13.

http://www2.royalmail.com/christmas-last-posting-dates?tid=446&x=86&y=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mactard wrote: »
    Have you?
    No, I was going to, but then I saw the date-checker, so not much point emailing lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Edit:

According to this, the last date for posting to Ireland is December 13.

http://www2.royalmail.com/christmas-last-posting-dates?tid=446&x=86&y=13

The date shown is only "Post in time for Christmas" so I have to assume they are still shipping after that date but cannot guarantee delivery before christmas but the OP got the email saying stopped shipping altogether.

Advertisement