Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present ordered online

Options
  • 14-12-2010 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi, i ordered an item online, i was advised i would receive same within 8 days. it is 2 weeks later and i no longer want the item nor have i received same. they say i must collect it and return it instead of just cancelling delivery.

anyone know if i can cancel as they have not delivered in the times they advised they would? i will not be able to collect the item as i am departing for my home county tomorrow??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jake_Cobra wrote: »
    anyone know if i can cancel as they have not delivered in the times they advised they would?
    No. You can consider the contract unfulfilled if the item is not delivered within a reasonable timeframe, however if the expected delivery is 8 days and you've only waited ten (working) days, then they would still be well within the "reasonable" timeframe for delivery.
    According to the Distance Selling Regulations, the seller has 30 (calendar) days in which to fulfill the contract, by delivering the goods.

You as the purchaser have a 7-day cooling off period from the date that you receive the goods in which you are entitled to return the goods without penalty (except for the cost of sending the goods back) and obtain a full refund.

Depending on how the goods are delivered, it's sometimes possible to refuse to sign/collect the item and they will be returned to the vendor. However this usually only applies to registered mailings.
    Usually the delivery agent (e.g. an post) may simply notify you that a parcel is awaiting collection and hold onto it for two weeks before sending it back. In this case, you have not cancelled the contract within the 7 day cooling off period and may not be entitled to a refund.

By far the easiest thing to arrange is to collect the goods and return them as soon as.

Advertisement