Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help identifying a piece of music.

Options
  • 14-12-2010 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭

hi,
    Before I start I appreciate that this mightbe a futile task...

I am looking for the name of a piece of piano music which is often used as the backgroungd theme during sport montages.

It is played at a reasonable speed and repeats itself quite frequently.

I can't really describe it more than that in words. I amjust hoping that someone understands what I am looking for.

It is not Lux Aerterna by Clint Maunsell, I know that much.

Thanks for reading, apologies for the crap description, but I hope someone can nelp me as I am going nuts here!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

No it's not that one. I've just heard it at the weekend. If you can view this on BBC iplayer please identify it for me. It is only part of it, but I'm pretty sure it's the tune I'm thinking of. It is at 46:40 into the programme.

Thanks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xjzqt/Countryfile_09_01_2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The Skibereen Eagle

Sounds quite generic, coldplayesque, sorry, cannot help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nickibopp

yes I'm not sure I'd describe that BBC one as classical music!

Sorry if that's the one you're thinking of I've no idea :(

Over one year on and I've just heard it again. BBC1 are now showing the England v Italy 6-Nations game as I type.

In the intro by Gabby Logan, it cut to some memorable moments from the past. The piano music playing in the background is the piece that it driving me crazy trying to find its name.

Can anyone help identify it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

You spread the going-nuts-ness onto me. I didn't see the rugby game but I think this one is very commonly used in the last few years on sports and a lot else. This isn't the piano version which is used but I think it might be what you want. It's certainly was annoying me, I had to play it into musopedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

Here's an mp3 clip of the music you're asking about, FM (zipped for upload to boards.ie).

It's a minor key piano and strings track, mid-tempo. It sounds somewhere between Michael Nyman and Einaudi. It's not unlike the soundtrack to The Piano, but I don't think it's actually from that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

darjeeling wrote: »
    Here's an mp3 clip of the music you're asking about, FM (zipped for upload to boards.ie).

It's a minor key piano and strings track, mid-tempo. It sounds somewhere between Michael Nyman and Einaudi. It's not unlike the soundtrack to The Piano, but I don't think it's actually from that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Miles81

Great piece of music!

• Advertisement

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just logged back onto this thread because I heard it on the P&G advert - Proud Sponsor of Mums. Found the ad on Youtube and then the title.

Thanks everyone: Boards.ie - Pround Sponsors of my Sanity. :p

Advertisement