Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-factor - Vote for me.

Options
  • 13-12-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Okay, insetad of carping from the sidelines and giving out about the inane pointlessness of X-Factor (which, lets face it is like shooting fish in a barrell), I have decided to enter - and win - next year's competition. That's right folks, I'm in.

To get me through the first round I've decided to invent the wheel. But what's that you say? The wheel has already been invented? Doesn't matter. Everything that happens on X-Faxtor has already been done a hundred times. Once I've invented the wheel, right there on stage, all X-viewers will immediately forget that the wheel has already been invented and vote for me en masse.

Of course my wheel will be slightly less good than the already invented wheel, it will have some edges on it. This will make all X-viewers who use my wheel slightly uncomfortable. Perfect for X-Factor.

I'll sail through the opening round.

In the next round I've decided to discover fire. Whooooooosh. Fire! Right there on stage. But what's you say? Fire has already been discovered? This matters not. You forget that many X-viewers have the attention span of an over-fed goldfish and will immediately forget that they have fires at home already.

Of course my fire will be small and slightly less warm than previously discovered fires, making x-viewers who use my fire slightly less comfortable. Again, perfect for X-Factor.

This should see me safely through to the final where I plan to perform my greatest act yet. I'm going to invent the mobile telephone. Fantastic. But what's that you cry? The mobile telephone has already been invented? Worry not. X-viewers will soon forget this and will assume that the X-Factor version is the one they MUST have.

Naturally, my mobile phone will be slightly less mobile than previous versions, it will have a range of 10 - 15ft and will be connected to the wall, possibly via some form of electrical cable. X-viewers will adore this huge leap forward in communications and will worship me as a god, thus ensuring my victory over next year's fat Shirey Bassey-type sewage worker from Essex.

So, can I rely on your vote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I got as far as X factor and my brain escaped out my ears.

Natural reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

what?

the answer is too much for a mere mortal to comprehend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Lightshow wrote: »
    Okay, insetad of carping from the sidelines and giving out about the inane pointlessness of X-Factor (which, lets face it is like shooting fish in a barrell), I have decided to enter - and win - next year's competition. That's right folks, I'm in.

To get me through the first round I've decided to invent the wheel. But what's that you say? The wheel has already been invented? Doesn't matter. Everything that happens on X-Faxtor has already been done a hundred times. Once I've invented the wheel, right there on stage, all X-viewers will immediately forget that the wheel has already been invented and vote for me en masse.

Of course my wheel will be slightly less good than the already invented wheel, it will have some edges on it. This will make all X-viewers who use my wheel slightly uncomfortable. Perfect for X-Factor.

I'll sail through the opening round.

In the next round I've decided to discover fire. Whooooooosh. Fire! Right there on stage. But what's you say? Fire has already been discovered? This matters not. You forget that many X-viewers have the attention span of an over-fed goldfish and will immediately forget that they have fires at home already.

Of course my fire will be small and slightly less warm than previously discovered fires, making x-viewers who use my fire slightly less comfortable. Again, perfect for X-Factor.

This should see me safely through to the final where I plan to perform my greatest act yet. I'm going to invent the mobile telephone. Fantastic. But what's that you cry? The mobile telephone has already been invented? Worry not. X-viewers will soon forget this and will assume that the X-Factor version is the one they MUST have.

Naturally, my mobile phone will be slightly less mobile than previous versions, it will have a range of 10 - 15ft and will be connected to the wall, possibly via some form of electrical cable. X-viewers will adore this huge leap forward in communications and will worship me as a god, thus ensuring my victory over next year's fat Shirey Bassey-type sewage worker from Essex.

From complaining about it to encouraging other people to watch it and vote in it making Simon Cowell a wealthier man in the process.

Fack off. I'm out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

how long were you typing that ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lightshow wrote: »
    Okay, X-factor.... sales pitch...

No. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Tl;dr

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Big Mary from Tesco......is that you????

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, couldn't read that, Gladiators is on.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I got as far as X factor and my brain escaped out my ears.

Natural reaction

Ditto.

Closed, take it away, far away.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement