Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players in Kildare

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Due to reasons beyond my control I can no longer attend my regular club night in Dublin for the forseeable future. So with that in mind i need to stave off gaming withdrawl. I am therefore looking for opponents in any of the following towns or surrounding areas:

Naas
    Newbridge
    Kildare Town (my home town)
    Monasterevin
    Kilcullen

I have my own games-room/ shed available during the day when weather is fine and have armies/ Teams/ Fleets for 40k, WHFB, BFG & BB looking for opponents. So if there is anybody out there looking for a regular opponent/ painting buddy drop me a line and we will meet up.

Thanks for Listening

KD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Good gamer, would recommend :)

When the twins are old enough that I'm allowed leave the house again, I'll try to come down, KD.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BTJ

If you're ever around maynooth on a tuesday night that's when the game soc's on, doubt they'd notice someone just show up for a game though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Played against Khorne Dog on tuesday.

Game of 40k, got my ass handed to me, but good fun and learned loads.

Recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Khorne_Dogg

Thanks for the reccomendation Cruel. I really enjoyed our game so am looking forward to the next time you can come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

I've always wanted to play 40k or FB etc but I've never got around to it. I'm 30 so I feel a bit old lol but I do live in Naas, i should look in to this as I'd love to meet a group or something.

• Advertisement

Well I have a couple of armies available and would have no problems showing you the ropes. I am a few years older than you so don't worry about your age. I am based in kildare town so if you wanted to drop out some weekend I could go through the basics with you. If you are intrested send me a PM with your email address and we can get something sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 powerjh

Hey how are ya,

Used to play fantasy battle years ago. found all my models when i was moving house recently and would love to get back into the hobby whether it's 40k or fb. it was a good couple of versions ago that I played and would need to be brought up to speed. I'm not far off from kildare, live up just beside rathcoole so could pop up whenever. Totally understand if you dont want to waste time with effectively a newbie

I have absolutely no probs bringing noobs up to speed. I was a noob at one point and if it wasn't for the guys in my club I would never have learned. Like I said to Bill Austin if you want to drop out send me a PM with your email address and we will sort something out.

Hey there,

i was in touch about catching up with you about warhammer a few years ago. Something came up at the time and never got back to you. just wondering if you are still involved and looking for people

Thanks

Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

powerjh wrote: »
    Hey there,

i was in touch about catching up with you about warhammer a few years ago. Something came up at the time and never got back to you. just wondering if you are still involved and looking for people

Thanks

Jonathan

Allo.

His account is banned so doubt if he'll see this.

I'm a newbie 40k Ork player with roughly 2000 points for an army.
    (I just collect and assemble, not really played).

PM me or post a reply here and we see about setting up a game.

Am based in northern Kildare (Enfield area)

• Advertisement

hey there,

Thanks for the reply. i should have clarified that it was FB but i'm happy to get into anything. I did have a few space wolves back in the day so i'd have to check to see if I still have them. Not sure if I do. I'd be happy enough getting something cheap to bring along if you were interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Ye might want to check out this thread also:

http://w-ired.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4647

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Big P from GMG

Still our club in Kildare town, mainly historicals, but a couple of the lads have FB armies.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

newbies welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Big P from GMG

Our club forum is located here...

http://www.guildwargamers.com/phpBB3/index.php

Sure. Everyone was new once. Some pics of our games on that link, just look for posts by 'Piers'

Advertisement