Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice from Accountant/Consultant, starting sole-trader biz in IRL but live abroad!

Options
  • 13-12-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking for some advice / recommendation for an Accountant / Tax consultant to help starting my business. I split my year living in Ireland (citizen) and in another European Country(work/live permit). I work through the internet doing web consultancy and have clients spread through out the world. The business is still in its infancy and the revenue has be generally very small to date ( > €10,000 / year ) For this reason I haven't declared the income. This is also my only form of income.

In the other European country where I also live the taxes are higher than Ireland and the minimal taxable income is much lower and the standard of living is lower (cheaper). There also exists a double taxation treaty between the two countries. So what I want to do is register my sole trader business in Ireland (Home address) and my small revenue will therefore only be subject to minimal tax (while it remains low), but that revenue will be sufficient to mostly live elsewhere which has a cheaper standard of living than Ireland.

I'm seeking a tax consultant or accountant who will be able to advise on all relevant matters, (incl. book-keeping) plus help with the initial registration process, and then file a tax return at the end of each year based on books which I will keep (as per initil advice of best practices).

I've been searching for companies in Dublin through Google or ITI reg. list, but this is only revealing large expensive companies, which I can't afford and which probably won't provide the level of hand-holding I will need initially.

Would anyone have a good recommendation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 teddy99

groupthink wrote: »
    I'm looking for some advice / recommendation for an Accountant / Tax consultant to help starting my business. I split my year living in Ireland (citizen) and in another European Country(work/live permit). I work through the internet doing web consultancy and have clients spread through out the world. The business is still in its infancy and the revenue has be generally very small to date ( > €10,000 / year ) For this reason I haven't declared the income. This is also my only form of income.

In the other European country where I also live the taxes are higher than Ireland and the minimal taxable income is much lower and the standard of living is lower (cheaper). There also exists a double taxation treaty between the two countries. So what I want to do is register my sole trader business in Ireland (Home address) and my small revenue will therefore only be subject to minimal tax (while it remains low), but that revenue will be sufficient to mostly live elsewhere which has a cheaper standard of living than Ireland.

I'm seeking a tax consultant or accountant who will be able to advise on all relevant matters, (incl. book-keeping) plus help with the initial registration process, and then file a tax return at the end of each year based on books which I will keep (as per initil advice of best practices).

I've been searching for companies in Dublin through Google or ITI reg. list, but this is only revealing large expensive companies, which I can't afford and which probably won't provide the level of hand-holding I will need initially.

Would anyone have a good recommendation?

Hi Groupthink,

If your looking for an accountant for a small start up company, I could recommend a few places.Generally when you google you get the Big 4 companies or top 10 companies.

Its a matter of prefer between small and large companies.
    If your interested , drop me a pm.

Advertisement