Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Economies arent fairing too bad???

Options
  • 13-12-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am wondering which country would be the best place to emmigrate for???

I would be seeking employment in financial services- tax planning, asset management, banking etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

germany? its where im a headin!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 QWERTY234

germany? its where im a headin!

Yea I know someone in Frankfurt, It could well be an option. I'm goin to have to improve my junior cet level of German though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i did it up to leaving cert though its still poor enough. doing a night course atm though. hopefully it'l be worth it in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Poland and Canada are not doing too badly - probably no surprise their banking systems didn't suffer much during the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TKline

Australia didn't even have a technical recession during the GFC. We were saved by the China bubble (the China govt used stimulus money to buy stacks of Aussie coal/iron), and by the Aussie government throwing oodles of reckless stimulus at the housing market!

They just kicked the can down the road in my opinion.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Financial services?

Switzerland.

Norway is, as always, doing well -- not exactly the financial services capital of the world, but either Oslo or Bergen would be a good bet. Plus they all speak near-perfect English.

Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 QWERTY234

Cheers for that Aard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I emigrated to Paris about three weeks ago, going great. I managed to get a job within that time on a gross salary similar to my last job (in the financial services) at home. Much better quality of life and I'm really enjoying it so far. Good business French is a necessity.

A more obvious choice, perhaps, might be Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Chile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The Brazilian economy is booming, fastest growing middle class in the world. But violent crime is a fairly serious consideration if you're living in the main cities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement