Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help about studying in Australia??

Options
  • 12-12-2010 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I'm currently doing my Leaving Cert in Ireland and I was thinking about going to Australia next year and going to college there?
    I just want to know how would I go about doing this and and how much my Leaving Cert points will be worth in Australia?
    Also I want to know is the student Visa hard to get and any other information will be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Romeo92

What??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Here's what you need to do

1.Find out what you want to study

2.Where you want to study your subject

3.You'll need a visa (I would advise you to contact visa first www.visafirst.com)

4.Fees can range from $24,000 to over $90,000 depending on the course your doing here is an example of fees and also of entry requirements for each course
    http://fees.curtin.edu.au/scheduledfees.cfm

Student
    Visa Eligibility
    • You must be accepted for full-time study in a registered course or part of a registered course to be eligible for this visa.
    You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination. The requirements vary based on:
    • your length of stay in Australia
    • other health risks in your home country or countries you have visited for more than three months within the last five years.
    • Health examinations can be completed before you lodge your visa application, but no more than six months before your course starts.
    • You must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.
    • When you lodge your application, you must provide a receipt or other proof of your OSHC payment.
    • You must be of good character to enter Australia. The information you provide on the 'Character Declaration' section of your application will be used to assess your character.
    Visa obligations
    • You must remain enrolled in a course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
    • You must maintain satisfactory attendance in your course as required by your education provider.
    • You must make satisfactory course progress for each study period.
    • Your education provider will advise the department if your attendance or course progress is not satisfactory. The definition of 'satisfactory' is determined by your education provider.
    • If you want to change your level of qualification, you will need to apply for a new student visa because your visa subclass will change
    • You must advise your education provider of your home address within seven days of arriving in Australia. Also, if you change your address during your stay in Australia, you must advise your education provider within seven days.
    • Students under 18 years of age
    • If you are under 18 years of age you must maintain your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements for the duration of your visa or until you turn 18.
    • If your welfare arrangements are approved by your education provider you can not travel to Australia until your welfare arrangements commence. The date your welfare arrangements commence is the welfare start date that your education provider has nominated on the Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation/Welfare Arrangements (CAAW) letter

• Financial capacity
    • You must maintain enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.
    • Health insurance
    • You must maintain health insurance for you and your family members while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-1/

A Family member can also come wit you
    http://www.immi.gov.au/students/student_guardians/580/

Advertisement