Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic PowerMax Alarm "tamper open" error

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello,

Just completed DIY install of PowerMax Complete Kit (1 x door sensor, 2x Pet PIR's, 2x keyfobs, 1 xsiren) tested and door switch and PIR's all working fine.

When I add siren as either siren 1 or 2 I get an error on the control panel. tamper open.

I can see only one tamper switch on the siren and it makes contant, I can hear the switch close when I put the lid on. Have tried with the cover removed and closing the switch by hand but the error remains.

The siren is MCS-730 wireless outdoor siren (not mains powered version)

:confused:Any ideas ?? Am I missing something?:confused:

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

There is 2 tampers on the external bell, one is the pry off tamper. The other one is the open tamper where the screw that keeps the lid closed is. What you should do is take the bell down beside the panel and close the lid and screw to see if there is some fault with it.

If you want the strobe on the external bell to be active there is a link in where the battery goes that needs to be moved to the on position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wrightit

Thanks for the info. I have checked the siren but I still only see one tamper switch. I have attached a picture showing the siren I have, the MCS -730.
    I can not see any contact or tamper switch on the screw for closing the lid.

Is the siren I have different to the one with two tamper contacts?

I have taken down the siren and closed the lid and screw but I still get an "tamper open" error.

Thanks again for your reply.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Does it have a back tamper?

Yes, that is the MCS-730. If you close the lid and put in the screw while you have it down do you you still have the tamper ?

Does it have a back tamper?

It only has the back pry off tamper on the back of this external bell.

• Advertisement

If I take the siren down with the cover on closed and the screw in, I still see the "tamper open" error.

I only see 1 contact (tamper) switch, don't see one on the back of the unit or on the screw at the bottom of the unit.

attached photo of rear of unit.

Thanks everybody for you help. :confused:

The pry off tamper is below the 3 screw holes on the bell. You are meant to put a screw in this also so if it is riped off the wall the pry off will break activating a tamper on the alarm.

Can you hold in the spring on your first attachment and see if that closes the tamper ?

I can hold in the spring and the tamper error is still shown. I can see the location for the "pry" contact but I don't see any contact in that location.

Should the "pry" contact be a separate part in the box? :confused:

If thats the case the tamper switch is faulty. You should bring the bell to where you bought it and get a replacement external bell.

I do that. Thanks for you help Altor.

• Advertisement

wrightit wrote: »
    I do that. Thanks for you help Altor.

Your welcome, if you have any problems let me now.

Hi All,

Just to say thanks for all your help and to let you know the problem was that the tamper strip was missing on the back of the siren.

I have replaced the siren now and there is clearly visible a foil tamper strip below the PCB which was not on the 1st unit.

Photo attached showing location of foil strip.

:)Thanks again :)

Sorry wrong photo on previous post -> Attached photo showing location offoil strip(below PCB) but visible from above.( no need to remove PCB it should be clearly visible)

wrightit wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just to say thanks for all your help and to let you know the problem was that the tamper strip was missing on the back of the siren.

I have replaced the siren now and there is clearly visible a foil tamper strip below the PCB which was not on the 1st unit.

Photo attached showing location of foil strip.

:)Thanks again :)

Good to hear you got it all sorted. Did you connect the alarm to your landline ?

Advertisement