Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiagra groupset

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, a bit of advice needed. I want to buy a Tiagra groupset to put on a winter bike. Having done a search I have come up with some wild differences in pricing. The cheapest I got was Rose Bikes Germany, €267 including delivery, folowed by Bike24.com also in Germany €303 including delivery. Ribble €315. Chain Reaction want €407 for the same groupset!

The Rose Bikes price seems way too low compared with others, does anybody have any experience of buying from them or Bike24. I would hate to think they could be selling fake Shimano. An example would be the Tiagra 4550 compact chainset €49 and the BB to suit €9 which just seems like crazy pricing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Both Rose and Bike24 are trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Thanks Lumen but I cannot understand how they can survive charging those prices. Is it just a case of Rip off Ireland again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's probably also due to currency fluctuations. The euro has held up better against the yen than the pound has. The sterling price of Shimano parts has been steadily climbing the last few years.

Nothing at all wrong with any of those online shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Are they all the same version of Tiagra, eg: 4400, 4500, 4550, etc.

Also, you should be able to pick up a second hand 105 for that price, saw a very new looking one for 300 either here or on adverts for that price recently. You would then be rocking 10 speed and upgrade compatibility from then on would be easier (not to say some parts of tiagra wont be compatible with 10 speed, but all will with 105)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

It is all Tiagra 4550. Its for my winter bike so not too bothered about 10 speed, I just need to get rid of the crap that is on it at the moment!

• Advertisement
Advertisement