Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree lights NIGHTMARE

Options
  • 12-12-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

This topic probably doesn't belong in this forum but I'm desperate and I'll be posting it on an electronics forum too.

We got our Christmas tree yesterday and immediately I got all the decorations down from the attic. I took out the lights and was shocked to find that someone (it was probably me...) took the plugs off the lights. Now this might seem strange but when you see the lights you'd understand.
    We have four sets of lights (we focus on them rather than tinsel or bobbles). They have their length of lights and then the lights stop and the wire continues to this box thingy (I'd like to say fuse box? It's like when you're recharging a laptop and there's an adapter yoke, that thing). The adapter leads to the plug. The adapter and plug can be detached from the rest of the lights. This is the thing that's missing... Times four.

Does anyone know where I can get these or if anyone wants to give me their spares?
    Please!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!;)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Surely they couldn't be used for anything else? Are you sure they're not about?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

You have got to be careful as the plug adapters do not work for every set ,that is why their is a piece of paper on the lights stating the max and voltage etc...and also written on the adapter plug...if not matched correctly lights wont work......This I know because I have been in this dilemma a couple of times in the past...when I tried to locate new adapters was told to check out the piece of paper with instructions for an address to purchase replacements....Its cheaper to buy new ones.......Now I put adapter plug and lights away properly....its a lesson learned for me anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I worked in a hardware shop the last two Christmases and often had people coming in missing adaptors etc like you describe. Most of the time we sorted it somehow. I'd definitely advise going to one (a smaller one if possible, the bigger chains are unlikely to have spare and unusual odds and ends lying around I find) and bring the lights with you. You might be lucky...somehow think four might be asking a lot though! Good luck :)

Advertisement