Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its a weird world

Options
  • 12-12-2010 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

50-year-old man told he is pregnant
    A 50-year-old man from Birmingham has been sent a letter inviting him to attend a scan to assess the progress of his pregnancy.
    Hilton Plettell was asked to visit Norfolk and Norwich University NHS Hospital to find out how long pregnant he was, Sky News reports.

The merchandising manager was told to arrive at the hospital for the ultrasound scan with a full bladder and advised that "sometimes it can show twins".
    Plettell said: "I was absolutely flabbergasted. It just came out of the blue. I have seen the funny side of it and all my mates are enjoying ribbing me about it.

"The letter had my correct name, date of birth and National Insurance number so I knew it was genuine and it turns out to be a genuine mistake."
    He added: "The ribbing has been coming thick and fast. When I walk through the door of my snooker club, I get 'Ooh mother and baby coming through'.

"A few of my friends have told me to turn up at Norwich Hospital as a woman and wear a wig, but obviously it's so far [away]."
    It is believed that the error somehow arose after Plettel was treated for kidney stones 20 years ago at the hospital in East Anglia. A senior nurse has apologised for the mistake.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a292334/50-year-old-man-told-he-is-pregnant.html

Man booked by same traffic cop in UK, NZ
    A man has been caught speeding in New Zealand two years after he was booked by the same policeman for a similar offence in the UK.
    Ex-London police officer Andy Flitton now works with the Rangiora police, Canterbury, and stopped the driver near Leithfield in September, the New Zealand Herald reports.

The man produced British and South African driving licenses and explained that he had just emigrated from England, where he had lived for 12 years.
    "He asked if I had worked in London," Flitton said. "I said, 'Yes.' He asked if I used to operate the laser gun on the A5 in North London. I said, 'Yes.'

"And he said, 'I thought it was you. You gave me my last speeding ticket there two years ago.'"
    Flitton added: "The minute he said it, though, I remembered the whole thing. We both just had a laugh... We must have some sort of connection.

"He only ever broke the law twice and both times I was the one to give him a ticket. It cost him £60 over there and NZ$120 over here so it wasn't cheap. It just shows what a small world it really is."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a292048/man-booked-by-same-traffic-cop-in-uk-nz.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Bet he wasn't laughing when he still got the ticket !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Wait, Birmingham!!
    Brummytom?????????????;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

that was some buttsekz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i'm sure there are many stories of co-incidences like these....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

It sure is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

And the Cop still did him, classy.