Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Audio White MB Late 2009

Options
  • 12-12-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello looking for some help,

Just wondering if/how I can get audio out from my White Macbook Late 2009 (6,1 I think) through a mini-display HDMI port.

Has anyone been successful and if so how?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You can't. Not on that model. Apple only added support for audio out via Mini DisplayPort to the latest Macbook that came out during the summer. So you'll have to carry the audio separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

You can't. Not on that model. Apple only added support for audio out via Mini DisplayPort to the latest Macbook that came out during the summer. So you'll have to carry the audio separately.

Thanks for that, I thought it was the case but was hopeful!

Anyway, I found an audio in on my TV( couldn't find it earlier ) so It's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I thought it was the case but was hopeful!

Anyway, I found an audio in on my TV( couldn't find it earlier ) so It's not the end of the world.

I ordered a mini display port + toslink adaptor from Amazon:

link

I now have two of them and use the mac minis to watch content from Plex. No problems with the above product. Just make sure you order the right adaptor for your mac mini.

Advertisement