Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Fta Channels End

Options
  • 12-12-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have heard from a few people now that the current fta channels are going to be scrambeled next year. PLEASE tell me that this isent true:mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky wishful thinking.

Some lesser hardly watched ITV owned channels might go PayTV. But may not, nor may stay that way.

The main watched UK channels will not be leaving Freesat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

If you are referring to Freesat British channels then it is highly unlikely to happen. Most freesat boxes do not have CI or cardreaders so no way of decrypting scrambled channels.
    This service was set up to "in fill" areas where Freeview could not reach in the UK so it has to remain FTA.

Sorry Watty you beat me to the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lonewolf2010

EXCELLENT:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have heard from a few people now that the current fta channels are going to be scrambeled next year. PLEASE tell me that this isent true:mad:

Please let these people know the good news.

Please let these people know the good news.

What people

• Advertisement

I have heard from a few people now that the current fta channels are going to be scramb...

^^^^^ Those people
    What people ?

watty wrote: »
    ^^^^^ Those people

And the penny drops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

139193.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

excollier wrote: »
    If you are referring to Freesat British channels then it is highly unlikely to happen.
    Probably likely to go the other way, with more Freesat channels coming on stream, not less I would think. More HD channels at least, and a few (albeit not great) FTA channels are now on the Freesat epg.

As an aside, are there any figures for how the ITV HD channels are doing as subscription only? Hopefully crashing and burning, but that might be more wishful thinking...

There is only 54% Pay TV penetration in UK and it's not expected to grow ever by more than 1% or 2% now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement