Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check Call Compress - misinformation on. The news?!!

Options
  • 11-12-2010 7:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just watching the rte news and some aul wun from some cardiac society or something was talking about saving peoples lives.

According to her; you should check, call and compress at a rate of ONE compression per MINUTE :eek:

Wouldn't chance my fancy my chances if I collapsed with her around.
    Some expert she is :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Well according to The Office, your supposed to do it to the beat of 'Staying Alive' by the Bee-gees :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay now I am questioning myself...maybe she said per second??

Anyone else see this?!

Edit. See below. Someone else confirms this below (ie gave out incorrect information). MAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I didn't see it-but one per minute wouldnt be doing anyone any good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

amdublin wrote: »
    Okay now I am questioning myself...maybe she said per second??

Anyone else see this?!

No your right, she did say one a minute. You'd be there a while trying to resuscitate someone doing that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Just watching the rte news and some aul wun from some cardiac society or something was talking about saving peoples lives.

According to her; you should check, call and compress at a rate of ONE compression per MINUTE :eek:

Its bad when even non-experts are sitting there going 'hang on....'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Jaysus I saw it and you think they'd have given her a chance to do the piece again, it was obvious she got it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Correct rate is about 100 per minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

And which tds niece is she again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Jaysus I saw it and you think they'd have given her a chance to do the piece again, it was obvious she got it wrong

Yeah you would have thought someone in RTE would have copped to double-check it. It was fairly obvious she was unsure when she said it..

What are the chances it is shown again at 9?

Pretty high I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Wonder how many deaths she's going to be responsible for with that bad info...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

100BPM or, as mentioned above, compressions to the beat of "Staying Alive" is the right way. One per minute? GL is all I can say!

Oh another fact for you guys performing/learning First Aid; if you find someone choking and back slaps dont work, you go try out the H****ich manouver right? wrong! It's called a chest thrust now, because yer man is apparently suing people who use his name if someone dies while attempting it. See...I'm not even typing the name out just incase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

100BPM or, as mentioned above, compressions to the beat of "Staying Alive" is the right way. One per minute? GL is all I can say!

Oh another fact for you guys performing/learning First Aid; if you find someone choking and back slaps dont work, you go try out the H****ich manouver right? wrong! It's called a chest thrust now, because yer man is apparently suing people who use his name if someone dies while attempting it. See...I'm not even typing the name out just incase :pac:
    Its called the abdominal thrusts, chest thrusts are used on pregnant women or on an obese individual

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Warrior011 wrote: »
    Its called the abdominal thrusts, chest thrusts are used on pregnant women or on an obese individual
    Now now, lets not get technical here and kill the thread :pac:

Back on topic: whoever said that on the news will probably face some internal backlash anyway.

They referred to the incorrect information on the eve news.
    Thank god!

Should be one per SECOND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

RTE 9.00 news just said it should have been per second.

Advertisement