Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Jacket

Options
  • 11-12-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The zipper (as opposed to the zip) on my Assoc Airjacket 851 has broken off in the washing machine.
    I like the jacket, but it is pricey. That being said I will see if the zipper can be replaced this week.

Anyway, other than the Assos jacket, would anyone be able to recommend a good winter jacket that I could buy in Dublin, as opposed to ordering online and possibly not getting until the new year.

If so, please recommend jacket and shop and I will check out this week.
    Has anyone tried Castelli winter jackets - and does anyone know of anystockists.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Drop it into an alterations/ tailor and they'll fix it same day...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

ROK ON wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Castelli winter jackets - and does anyone know of anystockists.

I've never tried Castelli jackets, but I know they stock them in Wheelworx in Fonthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

I had a Castelli winter jacket 3 years ago, it was pathetic. Worst €200 i ever spent, couldn't keep you warm at 10deg. I still have an assos jacket, its good but not waterproof

Get an endura stealth - Way better than assos imo and waterproof to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markdrayton

ROK ON wrote: »

Haven't tried one but the new shop in Stillorgan (forgotten the name, sadly) does Castelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

fitzcycles.ie - found them just today. didn't see much of the gear bar the warmers, but i only looked in for a moment (being surprised to find another bike shop in the area)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

+1 , any of the Castelli gear I've bought has been overpriced rubbish, that has fallen to bits in no time, makes buying Assos a no brainer, so get it fixed or send Assos an email and they might repair it for a charge ... and dont put yer Assos gear in the washing machine again !!! ;)

Drop it into an alterations/ tailor and they'll fix it same day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

The Zip Yard

By the way I love my Castelli Spunto Winter jacket ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Have it on good authority that Assos will repair FOC and replace zips FOC, just cost you the postage.

Advertisement