Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to abandon NVIDIA in 13-inch MBs/MBPs?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 12:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Rumour that Apple are set to use integrated Intel graphics in the next 13-inch MBP revision.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/09/apple-shifting-to-intel-graphics-for-future-macbooks-and-13-inch-macbook-pros/

Please let this not be true. It would be a huge backward step. Intel graphics are sh*t. I'm very sceptical about reports that the new ones are any different. It would be very hard to justify the 13-inch's "Pro" moniker.

It doesn't really make any sense either - there were rumours only a few days ago that Intel and NVIDIA were due to resolve their issues (which was the reason for the lack of i3 in the 13-inch).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

All I really care about would be an increase in OpenGL performance.

Having to boot into Windows XP just to run Half-Life 2 at decent speed/resolution is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭Talisman

The previews I have read suggest that the Sandy Row processors will give a massive performance boost because of the new architecture. Also the mobile processors will have 12 graphics Execution Units as standard, desktop models will have 6 as standard, only higher end desktop models will have 12 - Anandtech : Sandy Bridge Graphics Architecture.

The only people that would be upset with the graphics performance are those that want high performance gaming - Intel's Sandy Bridge to Deliver 2% of AMD's Top Graphics Performance.

Advertisement