Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does thanks mean?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering what this thanking stuff means. Ive been looking at the profile and its saying that im thanked 34 times in 14 posts. Whats up with that?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Just wondering what this thanking stuff means. Ive been looking at the profile and its saying that im thanked 34 times in 14 posts. Whats up with that?

34,pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It means internet people love you ... in real life it means your an ass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If i like someone's post-either if it makes me laugh or i agree with it, or they answer a question i asked, i thank it.

Grimes wrote: »
    It means internet people love you ... in real life it means your an ass

you're a donkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

34 people want to do you.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Yeah, I have no idea how you got thanked 34 times either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

what does thanks mean? its a thanks that someone gives to show their appreciation, or thanking, of a comment you have made that they agree with or a piece of advice you may have given. but due to seeing some of your posts in the past, most of them must have been pity ones:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tis the boards version of buying you a pint.

I reckon if you change your name to FF are cnuts, you'll get much more thanks.

I reckon if you change your name to FF are cnuts, you'll get much more thanks.

but it means feeling fat and proud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Think of internet coupons redeemable for sexual favours from the mods. I'm saving all mine up so I have enough for a Cleveland Streamer off of Micky_Dolenz, he's one of the more expensive ones but I'm sure he is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

basically if you see a comment that you disagree with or think is just stupid, you click the thumbs up yoke to symbolize that you hate them so much you want to shove your thumb up their arrsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It means you're not whoring enough. Your thanks count should be higher than your post count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm surprised with THAT username...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

You pay a euro to a charity of your choice for each thanks received. No, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Sh!t I'm f#cked now... Make that 10 c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Tis the boards version of buying you a pint.

Jeasus... I've enough thanks to last me a lifetime of pints. Sounds good to me .....

To answer the OP's original question it's as simple as "I agree with your opinion".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It means your not trying hard enough OP.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

It means that u are a twat, and probably are now shagging ur ma while u watch the late late..party on my good friend

shuvly wrote: »
    It means that u are a twat, and probably are now shagging ur ma while u watch the late late..party on my good friend

best.post.ever.

• Advertisement

pmcmahon wrote: »
    best.post.ever.

I thank you, my good friend!(not true as i bow down to the truley great posts but am lovin your work.have had a ****e dayband that made me smile)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Just wondering what this thanking stuff means.
    It's a virtual blowie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

I just got the ability to give thanks. I like giving it but hate reading threads were there is a debate and one person gets thanked loads.

Feckfox wrote: »
    I just got the ability to give thanks. I like giving it but hate reading threads were there is a debate and one person gets thanked loads.

I am liking the fact that you like giving...am lovin the men that like giving..

am (sadly) behind in late late, she is a beard or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

One day I will say something either so stupid or so hilarious that I'll receives hundreds of thanks.. That'll send my cyber-ego through the roof..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

shuvly wrote: »
    am (sadly) behind in late late, she is a beard or what?

She is indeed, there's no way he's batting for out team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bonerm wrote: »
    It means you're not whoring enough. Your thanks count should be higher than your post count.

Eh, the op was thanked 34 times in 14 posts.

34 > 14...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

sorry, no thanks from me - that ploy won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Birneybau wrote: »
    Eh, the op was thanked 34 times in 14 posts.

34 > 14...

.... and 53 > 34.

Advertisement