Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants around Cobh

Options
  • 11-12-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could recommend some nice restaurants in the Cobh area? Myself and the OH are heading down over New Years, want to eat in some tasty places- but not too steep. I've already got Gilberts on my list (food sounds amazing!) but any other hidden gems?

Thanks a million in advance,

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Defo for Gilberts - my first choice in Cobh.

Eleven West is pretty good - but I think over-priced for what you get.

Jacob's Ladder is the restaurant in the Watersedge Hotel, the food is nice and the atmosphere more serene, and you're looking out at the harbour from most angles.

Trade Winds - I still haven't been there, but I've heard good things.

There are a few Chinese restaurants, cafes etc.

Then if you want to go out of Cobh - the 5 Star Fota Resort is just a few miles down the road - 2 restaurants within there.

And Fota House is doing meals on weekend nights/Sunday lunches - but you have to pre-book.

Trust me - you will eat well in Cobh.

Enjoy your New Year - Cobh is lovely on New Year's Eve - if you are at a high point of the town at mid-night - you can see flares/fireworks from different places throughout the harbour, from Roches Point - Crosshaven - Cork City, just look up and you'll see something. Any ships in the harbour blow their horns, neighbours are out on the street shouting greetings.

It's lovely. J

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Excellent, thanks a million for that. I figured food would be good, that's why I wanted to avoid the bad places you don't know are bad till you get in!

Good to know about NYE, don't particularly want to be inside in a pub or whatever for it, we'll scope out some good vantage points in the day time!

getting excited now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The Marlouge inn is a few miles outside the town on the Island and its quite nice as well.

The restaurant is right next too the Marina so its a quaint site.

Advertisement