Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knockanally Golf Club

• 10-12-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

The semi official word about Knockanally. The members of the club have come together and have agreed with the bank involved to lease the course and clubhouse. Membership for 2011 is now open at a cost of €890 + GUI/ILGU levy. When this snow clears the course will receive some much needed attention so that by early spring we will be swinging once again in Knockanally. It's good to read the good and bad reviews about the course. Keep them coming as I know that many members read boards.ie and it will spur them on to make sure the course is presented at it's best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good to here that the course is staying open and members hav a course to play on. Hav only played it once and really enjoyed it, some good quality holes on it and the par 5 18th is a great finishing hole with the old paladian clubhouse as the backdrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Silver Fox

tang1 wrote: »
    Good to here that the course is staying open and members hav a course to play on. Hav only played it once and really enjoyed it, some good quality holes on it and the par 5 18th is a great finishing hole with the old paladian clubhouse as the backdrop.

Thanks for the kind words tang 1. Silver Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

i love Knockanally,love the feel of the place,love the first hole,last time i played there i eagled the last
    if i lived close enough i would have no problem joining,nice bit of grub,decent pint also,i wish the club all the best
    i noticed last time i played(Aug) the tee boxes looked shabby etc but i still enjoyed it,

Hi Heavyballs, again, thanks for the good words. Some tee boxes do need attention and will receive it. If you know of anyone looking for membership of a members club, direct them this way!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

A friend of mine was member for years and I played it many times with him. I haven't benn out in probably 8 years or so, I always thought it was a very good test of golf. When all this weather clears I will try to get out with a few lads, what is the green fee these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Played here on Sunday last and I gotta say I was very impressed. Martin the pro in the golf shop was very welcoming and friendly which is very important to me in these times.

The course looked great and I was impressed with the layout. Great to finish on two par 5's in my opinion. Tee boxes obviously have been looked at coz they were perfect.

I am seriously considering joining and have spoke to one of the main guys Seamus in relation to this and he seems very genuine so hopefully this will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Unglika Norse

Can any members of Knockanally confirm (or deny if needs be) the information that the course has been sold with the intention to turn it back into farmland, with the existing members having playing right until the end of the year.

Hi Unglika Norse, i don't think anyone other than the Receiver is in a position to confirm or deny such reports. There are many rumours going around about what may happen to Knockanally, but at the moment, it's in superb condition and open for business and the members are in charge until December at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Unglika Norse

That's great I hope it continues to trade as a members club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Played here 2 weeks ago in the Wednesday open singles. Very impressed. Greens all in great shape. Loved the course. Had 38 points and came 2nd. Any idea what ill get for that Silver Fox :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

CUT !

Down to 9 Barry. Ha ha. You going to come out again with us soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I ve 3 more weeks of the down low, then im going pro for the month of august , then i ll play everyweek somewhere if its going.

well done on the handicap it was always coming

Hi Dar Cool, maybe i saw you at the prize presentation last night??

Hi silver fox.
    No wasn't me at the prize presentation.. I was told I came 2nd in that compeition though?
    Thanks

Did you get a prize at all???

I was onto your comp secretary and he said I came 2nd. I presume its s voucher for the pro shop or something?

Probabaly. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

As of yesterday, the clubhouse has reopened under new management, with great plans I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pucky8967

Played Knockanally recently and it is in very poor shape. The T boxes in particular are for the most part dreadful.
    Word is new owner is not providing any financial help to the course.
    It badly needs a substantial injection of funds to bring it up to the standard of courses nearby such as Castlewarden, Craddockstown, Rathcore, Naas, Killeen (4 lakes) & Millicent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement