Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Sonic Festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I know Sacred Animals and Heathers personally. Good people, well deserving of a place at it. The Sacred Animals EP is free to stream and it's a great piece of work. James Vincent McMorrow is going too. Should be good for them all.

If you're going you should definitely check out James Blake, one of the most exciting young musicians in the world in my opinion. Mount Kimbie too, responsible for my favourite album of 2010 - Crooks & Lovers. Mr. Blake plays with them live too.

Also Anna Calvi, who will be on Other Voices in the spring. She's playing here in Feb/March too and will be well worth a look. Other names that jump out are Junip (Jose Gonzales' new/old band), Olaf Arnolds, Darkstar and El Guincho. All worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Cool - I was unaware Irish bands were attending.

Has anyone been at it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ci.mangan

I was over at it with Halves a few years ago. Groningen is a really nice town 3 hours outside Amsterdam. The festival is run very well and everyone was really helpful.

i didn't get to go to any of the lectures/discussions but reports were good from those that went.

I'm looking forward to getting back to it some time soon.

Advertisement